Marooned with a Dansette.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ian, thanks for bending the rules, you should be careful though for suggesting such a thing, your post could get deleted LOL. I will take one of my Tamla Motown singles, it's my all time favourite.

If I were stranded on a desert island listening to most of the above, I would welcome a loaded revolver to put an end to it all. lol

Oh! I could go for that But in H.D. & slow motion

River Deep Mountain High - Ike and Tina Turner

Good Vibrations -Beach Boys

Louie Louie-Kingsmen

Green Onions-Booker T and MGs

Be My Baby-Ronettes

• Upvote 1

With A Little Help From My Friends...Joe Cocker

Heard It Through The Grapevine...Marvin Gaye

Fire And Rain...James Taylor

All Along The Watchtower...Jimi Hendrix

Stairway To Heaven...Led Zeppelin

Ian #14 Didn't know many people were familiar with De-Grigny. I certainly wasn't until a year or so ago. The Gloria especially just grabs me. Got the sheet music for it and learning to play it, but it is HARD.

Toccata and Fugue in D is probably one of the best known of Bach's organ works. Its been used in everything from horror movies to just about anything else.

Like most of his stuff it is not as easy as it sounds. You need 10 fingers on each hand and an extra foot would probably come in useful too. There are a couple of really beautiful renditions of the De-Grigny on You tube.

We Gotta Get Out Of This Place.... The Animals

Love in Vain......... The Rolling Stones

Whipping Post........ The Allman Brothers

Evil Woman.......... Spooky Tooth

Shadowplay......... Rory Gallagher

Loads more, my choices will probably change throughout the day depending on how I feel.

Concrete+Clay Unit4+2

You've lost that loving feeling R Brothers

Stay With me Baby Lorraine Ellison

I'd rather go blind Etta James

Try a little tenderness Otis *

*Ben Cauley, who played trumpet with the rhythm-and-blues group the Bar-Kays and was the only survivor of the 1967 plane crash that killed Otis Redding, died on Monday 21st Sept in Memphis. He was 67.

Thanks to siddha , I had forgotten about Lorraine Ellisons Stay With Me Baby, an all time great. Would have to add that to my selection and delete one of the others .

Thanks for the info on Ben Cauley of the BarKays , very sad . I still have the vinyl of their first album and would want that with me too !

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0001/685/MI0001685552.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Loads more, my choices will probably change throughout the day depending on how I feel.

Yes, it's pretty much impossible to make five choices and not keep thinking, ' oh, how could I have missed that '. My choices, although great sounds, may seem fairly unimaginative, but they all have associations that evoke memories for me. Music is so often a key link to the past.

• Upvote 1

If I were stranded on a desert island listening to most of the above, I would welcome a loaded revolver to put an end to it all. lol

• Upvote 2