well I got dragged to Jamie Olivers Restaurant onTuesday by our lass much to my disgust and I am sorry to say the place was brilliant the food was superb and the young lady who served was lovely,

• Upvote 3

Quite right DJB. The last thing you need whilst out dining is that thick tongued Herbert spitting and slavering everywhere.

• Upvote 1

He is an irritating pratt, but interesting to hear that the restaurant was good.

Was it expensive ?

I can't stand the bloke.

He such a self-publicist.

He was in 'Linda Barker' mode a few years ago when he endorsed almost every product ever made.

I noticed at the time that there was even 'Jamie Oliver Compost' (!)

What i find aannoying is that he wasn't a terribly succesful chef before becoming a celebrity. He was a sous-chef when spotted as a 'cheeky chappy' by the BBC so doesn;t desreve the respect I accord most chefs at the top of their game. He had his old head chef run the Jamie's Italian chain and presumably has a better chef than himself in charge of his other restaurants.

• Upvote 1

#6 Barclaycon it wasn,t wildly expensive and the food is great ,Lovelace and our girls are off there again on saturday for a nosh and natter!

That's good to hear that a 'celebrity-endorsed' restaurant can be both good quality and reasonably priced.

There's quite a few stories about TV chef establishments being both expensive and not particularly good.

I'm thinking of John Torode, Marco Pierre White and even Gordon Ramsay.

I shied away from going to a place like '15' because it was basically just for trainees and I didn't fancy spending my harded-earned on something that might or might not be good.

Went in that building a few years ago when it was still a tea rooms. It has the only other walled garden in Nottingham along with Bromley House. I don't know what it's like now....

Hi folks

The building in which Jamie's Italian is situate used to be the offices of Warren and Allen, solicitors (long since defunct).

The Paul Smith Building is listed, which I'm sure many round there are. It used to be the offices of Freeth, Cartwright & Sketchley (now Freeths on Mount Street). I believe that building was originally the town house of Lord and Lady Willoughby who owned Wollaton Hall.

It is supposed to be haunted, although I never encountered anything abnormal (although there were a few oddballs working there )

There is still a garden behind the 2 buildings and at the end of that is an old air-raid shelter & cave which is very interesting.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 3

I quite like Jamie Oliver, we have a couple of his restaurants here in oz, and in Perth it's one of my daughters favorites.

I've never been mind you but from reports the food is excellent and reasonably priced.

My wife buys Jamies Cumberland pork sausage from our Woolies supemarket here, and they are excellent, some of his other offerings are good too.

He must now be a very wealthy young bloke so must have done something right. And as for not being a proper chef, well give me his offerings anyday to some of these so called top chefs, god the plates often looks half empty with some of their concoctions.

Give me good down to earth quality food anyday.

• Upvote 2

Yes, banjo48...will concur with you on his Cumberland pork sausages. We would buy them whenever they were available in Melbourne.

Haven't managed to find them down here in Tassie.

We have a Jamie's Italian here in Adelaide, reviews have been a bit mixed.

The only think everyone agrees on is that the toilets are fantastic.

The restaurant is in a beautiful old bank building and the toilets are below in the old vaults

http://shecooksshegardens.com/2014/10/review-jamies-italian/

Help? How do I add a hyperlink to a website in the reply pane

Hi folks

The building in which Jamie's Italian is situate used to be the offices of Warren and Allen, solicitors (long since defunct).

The Paul Smith Building is listed, which I'm sure many round there are. It used to be the offices of Freeth, Cartwright & Sketchley (now Freeths on Mount Street). I believe that building was originally the town house of Lord and Lady Willoughby who owned Wollaton Hall.

It is supposed to be haunted, although I never encountered anything abnormal (although there were a few oddballs working there )

There is still a garden behind the 2 buildings and at the end of that is an old air-raid shelter & cave which is very interesting.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply Sue. I thought I recognised the outside of the building from the web site picture. My wife used to work there and I would meet her outside.