May Terrace, Carrington

I think this may be one for Cliff Ton. My mother in law, who died recently, was born and lived as a child at May Terrace, Carrington. Someone has said that it was off Sherbrooke Road, adjacent to Carrington Baptist chapel, but where it has been described to me appears on the old maps to be Ramsay Street. Was May Terrace off Ramsey Street please? A large scale map would be great (and any photos if they exist). Many thanks (in anticipation!)

StephenFord, My dad was born on Ramsey St., it was a dead end, ran parallel with Babworth St., also a dead end with the White Hart pub at the end between them, i think May Terrace might have been opposite, the chapel was on Wesley St. my Grandad was a lay preacher there. i have photos of these streets but have yet to figure out how to put them on here

Although it's not named on here, this was it. I don't know if it came out onto Ramsey Street because the map suggests a wall of some kind.

may%20terr1.jpg

As Robbie mentioned, there's a photo of May Terrace on PTP, although Ramsey Street had disappeared by then. http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?action=printdetails&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;NTGM007616&prevUrl= (I think their caption is wrong because they imply the road at the end had been Wesley Street).

I assumed that was going to be it when I first looked at a map, but that was called Sherbrooke Terrace and the name has been re-used in the newer buildings. https://goo.gl/maps/ZnmZyEFEhwB2

I've also just noticed that the place where May Terrace used to be is now called May Court. http://binged.it/1N1Sblo

Thanks everyone - that explains it. It is exactly where I originally thought it was, from the description I was given, but the 1960 map seemed to indicate that Ramsay Street ran through to Sherbrooke Road, with Wesley Street joining it more or less along the line where the wall is shown. I was confused when Terence said that Ramsay Street was a dead end - but there it is. May Terrace was, in effect, a continuation of Ramsay Street, but end-on behind the dead end wall. Thanks for the pictures on PTP - why didn't I look there first?! Terence, I think the chapel you mentioned on Wesley Street was Nottingham City Mission's Bethany Hall. The one that May Terrace adjoined was Carrington Baptist, where my wife and family were members. Again, many thanks.