The Senior Citizen

Happy birthday Dave, your a libran just like me....Njoy Xxx

• Upvote 1

I'm 490 in dog years, but I still feel twenty. Like some of you I still enjoy loud music but most would probably not enjoy it. LOL

I also like playing music LOUDLY

But only when SWMBO & the neighbours are out(usually Tuesday afternoon.)

Usually Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, or anything of the same ilk from mid 60s to mid 70s

• Upvote 4

my missus moans like hell if I have the wireless in the car loud but if I. have to move hers it nearly blows you out of the seat when you switch on the ignition.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Mess ≠25 Love it spent an hour looking at other clips.

hippo girl ≠26 I have 3000 + tracks starting with Buddy Holly, Little Richard, Eddie Cochran etc. not a lot of new stuff except Paloma Faith, Paolo Nutini . Gave the 80s,90s and 00s a total miss though.

Orphan Annie ≠32 I know what you mean, I can get even the worst D.I.Y. job done with a smile as long as I've got my music on loud. Barbs has to be out though as some of our tastes differ, considerate person that I am I've created for her a playlist of all her favourites. "Dave's Gone For a Walk."

• Upvote 1

To me age is not about the date on a birth certificate. The important thing is the person, who they are, what they like and what they do. When my mum was 68 she was looking at blouses in M and S and said she did not like them as they were "for old ladies". When it was my 50th birthday I said it was my 25th the second time around because the first was just a practice. Loud music is great, especially Status Quo at the NEC. A work colleague once described my car as "Shirley's mobile disco" as they could always hear the music as I drove into the car park. Sometimes my loud music is classical and that has produced a few funny looks at times!

• Upvote 2

My mum will say stuff like 'I was talking to this poor little old dear on the bus today'. The little old dear was perhaps in her seventies, my old ma is knocking on 93. She reckons walking sticks and shopping trolleys are for old 'uns.

• Upvote 3

Rory, Allmans, Bryan Adams, Bad Co, AC / DC, Jeff Beck........ All must be played at 11 !!!!!!!

#37. TBI. My mum was the same... When she was in her very late eighties, she would visit all the "old ladies" she knew in the village, taking them cakes she had baked.

• Upvote 1

Today I've had the annual check up and x ray of my hip that was fitted over 10 years ago. Surgeon asked the usual question "still cycling terry"? "Not very often these days but still use the rowing machine" I replied. "Don't train for competition any more but I've started playing golf, in fact played this morning". He chuckled when I said that golf was an old man's game so 76 seemed old enough to start. I'm 77 next week and still improving.

Seeing all those people on crutches, in wheel chairs and on sticks made me realise how lucky i am. Most were younger than me too!

• Upvote 6

A Vicar's wife was expecting a baby, so he stood before the congregation and asked for a raise. After much discussion, they passed a rule that whenever the Vicar's family expanded; so would his salary.

After 6 children, this started to get expensive and the congregation decided to hold another meeting to discuss the Vicar's expanding salary. A great deal of yelling and bickering ensued as to how much the Vicar's additional children were costing the Church and how much more it could potentially cost.

After listening to them for about an hour, the Vicar rose from his chair and spoke, "Children are a gift from God and we will take as many gifts as He gives us."

Silence fell over the congregation.

In the back pew, a little old lady struggled to stand and finally said in her frail voice, "Rain is also a gift from God but when we get too much of it, we wear rubbers."

GOTTA LOVE THE SENIOR CITIZENS!

• Upvote 2

My mum is now 93 going on 20. She still won't go out without makeup and buys new clothes almost every week. She has beautiful skin and doesn't look her age, until she starts to walk.When my daughter was small my parents took her on holiday with them. My daughter looked intently at my mum and said "why don't you use some polyfiller for those cracks on your face". Trust children to tell the truth.