Unusual bird feeders

Following an idea I got from our KatyJay, I built this somewhat odd looking and probably squirrel-proof bird feeder this week. Anyone else have an unusual feeder?

IMG_4125.JPG

• Upvote 2

Maybe so but you get a lot of satisfaction watching the birds feed out of something you have made youself

Rog

Some great idea there. They even have one similar to mine. I made the one in the above photograph (#1) from an old laboratory wire basket.

Im indoors likes feeding birds, he used to go bird watching down at the Palais...................

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

Saw this video today, I shall make one when I'm up north again. You could substitute nuts and cranberries etc for some of the bird seed. Corn syrup here is runnier golden syrup.

• Upvote 1

I bought something similar several years ago Kath, but it tended to dissolve and crumble in very wet weather though. 

Very nice though. I'm always buying different feeders, especially this time of the year when frosty weather is prevalent. 

I'll have to attempt to make my own as I've got bins full of mixed seeds and grains in the shed. 

• Upvote 2
  • 2 years later...