hi, can any body help,, back in the late 50,s early 60,s there was a TV program called dangerman,starring Patrick Magoan, also he stared in the TV prog the prisoner,, well,, me and the missis seem to remember him in another TV spy program. The opening scenes was him walking along a beech, then into a bit of the jungle, He then came to a hut door and then went in,, it was a spy type prog, he used to use all those little gismo,s We seem to think it was called secret agent .. are we imagining it or what? he was always dressed in black with a white tie.

hi dave 48 thanks for the film clip,I have

all the dangerman and prisoner dvd s but the start of the tv serial that I am thinking of was made for british tv, and it started as I have decribed at the beginning of this thread,, its been driving me and the missis barmy for years, have been on the tinternet but with no luck,I recollect it came the box on a sunday

I vaguely remember the opening scene you are talking about but I can only come up with this one again. It is Secret Agent. Its not American though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058846/

I remember Callan, but that was Edward Woodwardwood-wood, and there was Private Eye but that was Alfred Burke.

thanks all , just wondering if I imagined it , I will study all the info you have sent, god its driving me and the missis daft, I will keep digging, I think there is a Patrick magoan fan club based at port Merriam, wales where they filmed the prisoner, recon I will give them a go,

hi, mega notts I can,t remember what day it is sometimes, its so long ago.All I can remember is at the start of every episode magoan runs along a beech into the jungle along a path to a hut then goes inside,, then all the tittles and music starts, sorry Ican,t be more specific,, but thanks guys and gals for trying.

Done a bit of digging Don, The Big Knife was a TV play he was in, in '58. And Danger man and secret agent even though one and the same had different opening credit sequences.Lew Grade tried to beef up the Drake character.

Don,

Can you remember how the theme tune goes? If so there are apps that you can hum/whistle\play it on an instrument and the app tries to identify it.

The Prisoner was fantastic when it first started. The storyline and style were excellent.

But after an initial burst of popularity it tailed off because the writing wasn't good enough.

There should have been more collaboration on it AND they should have had the thing that causes most series to fail - a well thought out ending.

More and more ridiculous plot lines and implausable situations to try and create intrigue ultimately fail if they are not heading towards something. People just got fed up, the audience figures tailed off and they were forced to end the series early.

We've talked about this here before - remember 'Lost'.

I remember reading that Lew Grade insisted that McGoohan had an ending and he said that he did, but when it eventually came it was a right load of unfathomable nonsense.

So in actual fact he didn't !

Danger Man on the other hand had self-contained stories that concluded each episode.

It was a great character that McGoohan created. Remember the episode that took place on one of the pirate stations in the Thames Estuary.