What would you take in an emergency?

You must realise of course that I'm extremely choosy. Nothing less than perfection for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Many years ago i nearly drowned in the River in Boston,i was in the back seat of a car with the 1st wife,my mate and his wife in the front,before the car went under they all scrambled out (all good swimmers except me) i managed to get out after the car had filled with water,when i surfaced they were all sat having a Fag with a Dog walker............the only injury i had was a cut toe,as i had taken my best Guccies off before the accident,even though i loved em never thought of saving them,.................but then again 1st wife,best mate and his wife never bothered trying to save me.

Obviously got divorced but still see my ex best mate. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Funny (if thats the word) thing is had'nt seen him for about 30 yrs,and bumped into him when having treatment on Prostate,both diagnosed at same time,must have been summat in the water that night in Boston,lol.

• Upvote 1

Yes it was certainly one of my 'nine lives' Loppy,.........went for Swimming lessons after,......still not very good though,

That experience sounds really scary, Benjamin. Whenever we drive on a road beside a 'drain' as they seem to be referred to here in the fens, I always think about what would happen if the car fell in for whatever reason. There is one drain called 'the forty foot' fairly near here where the road runs for several miles right next to it. There is a speed limit of 50mph but cars have gone in at various times, often with fatal results.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
On 26/10/2015 at 11:57 AM, benjamin1945 said:

Many years ago i nearly drowned in the River in Boston,i was in the back seat of a car with the 1st wife,my mate and his wife in the front,before the car went under they all scrambled out (all good swimmers except me) i managed to get out after the car had filled with water,when i surfaced they were all sat having a Fag with a Dog walker............the only injury i had was a cut toe,as i had taken my best Guccies off before the accident,even though i loved em never thought of saving them,.................but then again 1st wife,best mate and his wife never bothered trying to save me.

Just for you Margie............50 years ago this August

Thanks for repeating your original post, Ben.  I'd obviously read it before  as I'd replied a year and a half ago!  (the words 'brain' 'sieve' and 'marbles' come to mind..... sorry)

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...
On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 11:57 AM, benjamin1945 said:

In reply to Jills question yesterday...........

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, catfan said:

I would take Mrs C, nothing else matters.

Makes sense, you'd need someone to keep cutting the grass Mick 

Rog

• 3 years later...
On 10/26/2015 at 11:57 AM, benjamin1945 said:

For Lizzie...........just one of my 99 lives..........

• Like 1

I must confess I drove through floodwater on my way to my vaccination last Saturday. Just before Fiskerton mill there was a flood sign. It should have been placed well before to give traffic the chance to take a diversion. My only option was to turn in the road but I was pressed for time so I took a chance and ploughed through. I have gone through floodwater there before and it wasn't the fast flowing water of the nearby Trent.