Statue on Queen's Drive

I was taken for a whistlestop tour round the Meadows a few weeks ago, stopped on Kinglake Place which is on the site of Kinglake Street where we lived. As we drove off along Queen's Drive I noticed a statue, I think it was about opposite the park, think it was Queens Bridge Road? Does anyone know what or who this statue is please? I only saw it briefly in passing but it looked like a woman? Thanks :)

When they were building the tram line, they chopped down a lot of mature trees, some of theses were saved and were going to be turned into some form of art work, or carvings, they would then be placed along the tram route.

I think this is 1 of them, I presume it must be someone connected with the Meadows.

Hi taxi ray,

I to remember the statue of queen Victoria it used to be near the half-penny bridge just as you went on to Victoria embankment.

Then that makes two statue's unless Queen Vic has been moved

Maybe some one will tell us where Queen Vic as gone to?

in a little row boat clap clap

• Upvote 1

I always thought the statue of Queen Victoria was in the rock gardens down the embankment after they moved it from the city center,end of the market place (slab square)

Rog

#3 Thanks so much for solving this for me - I only caught a glimpse of it but the head is definately the one of good old Queen Vic, which would fit in with the streets round the area called Queens Grove, Queensbridge Drive etc. :)