Strange Birth Certificate

It's what used to be called a temporary one. I was adopted and have never seen a certificate for me pre 1953, although I was born in 45.

I never had a proper certificate until Social Services obtained one for me a few years ago.

Mine is like that, I'll try and dig it out.

When I registered my children I was asked if I wanted the full version (which lists mother's and father's details, occupation etc) or short version which is the same as the one shown. Well not the details obviously haha! I think when you ask for a copy theres a difference in cost - I have the full version of mine.

I remember registering my daughter's birth in the City Hospital and was offered a short version or longer one, we took the short one. I know sometimes folks had a short copy made for employment purposes.

When I registered the birth of my two kids the Registrar came into the maternity hospital and I got a full one and a short one for each. Forward thinking on my part as the shortened version can be used where necessary and the full one needn't ever be moved out of the file.

I really don't think that is an issue. My Father was the baby of three and two of the three look the same ie like their dad!

Remember when we emigrated to oz, we had to supply all our birth certificates and copies in triplicate, they knocked mine and my wifes back, as they were not full certificates.

Had to get full ones and more copies before they would accept the application.

Our childrens were full copies anyway, just another hoop they made me jump to come here ! unlike some of our newer entrants, but wont go there !

• Upvote 4

Careful Banjo48, our newer entrants are greeted with open arms...providing that they have entered the country legally and through the legitimate refugee entry system.

I suppose some will pick fault with that rant as well?

• Upvote 1

Bit OT. but sometimes I think refugees get in oz easier now than legitimate applicants. I had a good workmate in the uk on BT.

Fully qualified and had worked for telecom since an apprentice, he had an aunt in oz, a promised job, even a letter of family sponsorship ! he tried to emigrate about 5 years after me.

Yet was knocked back 3 times ! he spent a bomb on his applications, no $10 poms then, all applications were I'm sure around 500 quid, plus additional medicals, paperwork etc.

He hd 2 kids and no medical or character issues, yet never got further than Machester embassy. He even visited me twice to see if he could get in the back door method, but no luck, he gave up in the end and I visit him now when I return.

He was never even given a reason for the knock back, he even took it to appeal, again more money !

Shameful when you see some of the dross we get in here now !

Sorry if I ruffle a few feathers.

• Upvote 3

Banjo48....I concur 100% with your thoughts.

Know 2 families already over here from Brit and they are having to leave because they cannot get residency. They've been here 4 and 6 years respectively and have engineering jobs up the top end of WA.

They started applying for residency soon after they each got here but..............

• 1 year later...