Simple things....

Sometimes the simple things in life are the best. Take this flower for example; no fancy blouseyness - just simple, smiling flower......beautiful:

IMG_4310.JPG

• Upvote 10
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes the simple things in life are the best. Take this flower for example; no fancy blouseyness - just simple, smiling flower......beautiful:

The simple things, for me, are those that bring you joy, friendship, love, devotion and are always by your side when you need them.

Isn't thread drift great?! Things simply drift off topic and soon become another topic completely. As the Meerkats say "Simples"

I have noticed the liking to Hobgoblin on this site.

Our BottlO (Off licence) has Hobgoblin Extra Strong Ale at OZ$8.49 for a 500ml bottle That is around 4quid. How does that compare with what you pay?

My brother who lives in Nottingham can often get good Australian wine cheaper that we can get it here.

• Upvote 1

Yates's Sweet White Australian Wine always did me in after a load of beer in the 60's . It was far too sweet.

My tastes change with age, now it's Lidls Pinot Grigio. Love it.

Exactly, you can't go wrong with German wine in my opinion. Hock, Reisling, Moselle, Leibfraumilch etc, but I've also a fondness for Piersporter too. I've just eaten some crisps, I'm thirsty now !!!!

• Upvote 2

I don't know catfan, by the time I was on the wine, I was in no fit state to see the label never mind read it !!!!

• Upvote 1

When I lived in Beeston I would nip over the Queens for Shippos mild on draught. Beautiful.

#12 i remember that catfan..............it was called 'Sherry from the wood'.............me Granny loved it. lol.

• Upvote 1

Some retailers called it 'Wine from the wood' Very noncommittal.

• Upvote 1

Once when I was loaded, liquor wise and financially, mid 60's I got from Yates's offy, a bottle of cherry vodka. About £6 and called something like Wvynyska . It was very pleasing from what I can recall.

We always referred to it as either kangaroo juice, or if it was a particularly bad batch, kangaroo p***, which necessitated crossing over to the Bell for a pint or two to wash away the taste.

• Upvote 2

Fly,

You can get Wisniowska from any Polish shop now.

Or do as my in-laws did, and make your own with a pile of cherries and some 100-proof Polish spirit. Be careful though, once it's ready, don't eat the cherries if you intend to drive as they're lethal.

I don't drink and drive nowadays after an especially unfortunate incident.

We all must have indulged in Hirondelle too. Red or white that was it. No description, but infinitely better than Aussie stuff.

Looks good, I'll get one in for Christmas.

How did this topic jump from a beautiful flower to alcohol and alcohol and alcohol.... . I liked the flower

• Upvote 1

#12, catfan, In the 1970s in our Beer Off, we used to sell, Sweet and Med Dry Sherry and Ruby Wine by the Pint. Brew 11 and M&B Mild by the Pint and on the optics we sold Brandy and Whiskey. All, bring your own bottle. We did a good trade. Lots of Characters in the area. Two particular old ladies would come in as soon as we opened in the day, both had half a pint of Sherry, back they would come a couple of hours later, rosy cheeks and full of fun and I tell you what, they were better than a Cabaret act. :biggrin:

Back to simple things. Can't beat Egg and Chips. Simple but delicious. :biggrin:

• Upvote 4