Simple things....

That made laugh catfan........my younger brother is not 'sophisticated' like what i am,and the 1st time i bought him Wine in a restuarant he drank it from a 'Pint' glass,at the same rate he drank beer..............he was flat out before the Dessert......

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes the simple things in life are the best. Take this flower for example; no fancy blouseyness - just simple, smiling flower......beautiful:

The simple things, for me, are those that bring you joy, friendship, love, devotion and are always by your side when you need them.

Isn't thread drift great?! Things simply drift off topic and soon become another topic completely. As the Meerkats say "Simples"

My cuz has a vineyard and winery in East Gippsland, Victoria, he also brews speciality beers and vints speciality wines.

My wife and I did the tour of the South Australian wine growing areas one Christmas break, we detoured up through Victoria's port and sherry growing areas, which also happens to be "Ned Kelly" country.

And here's t'owd lad making apple cider, he's a member of this site, but hasn't paid a visit in a while.

• Upvote 1

You brought back a few memories oztalgian. I worked part time in a Berni Inn Sawyers in fact and my mum worked at the Chateau as a waitress. I worked in the bar and must have opened hundreds of Mateus Rose, along with all the various reisling and hock.

We used to hit the Chateau just before closing time on a Friday night in the early 70's.

I think two waitresses were Margaret and Ann. We always got extra cobs and apple pie at the end of the night.

My mates flat mate worked at the Sawyers Berni in the mid 60's . Linda was her first name.

We used to get free Russian coffees at closing time.

Sounds a bit like my mum giving you extra cobs Fly2. Her name is Madge and she worked in Fannys bar I think it was called.

I worked in Sawyers in '67-68 thereabouts. I worked downstairs with Cindy the spanish girl and Jean. Cant remember Linda but maybe she worked in the other restaurant.

nonnaB and Fly2

Thank you I had completely forgotten about the Sawyers Arms. Went in there occasionally as well as the Brittania but used the Cricketers, the Chateau and the Hutt more often. You never know we may have crossed paths in the sixties.