Modern Day Love & Hate

Which thing(s) do you love and hate about life today. I'll start it off with:-

Love - Mute button on t.v. remote so can get rid of annoying advert drivel.

Hate - Annoying mobile phones that people seem to have to shout on particularly on the bis and also don't look where they're going while using them

• Upvote 3

Love........ Nottstalgia and meeting friends

Hate....... Being treated like a 5year old, or a 95 year old, being told off for swearing, being told anything really !

• Upvote 5

Hate all these items that you supposedly can't live without

Coffee machine

Microwave

Food mixer

Juicer

Bread maker

What's wrong with making coffee the old way?or making bread the old way,mixing cakes,and cooking in a normal oven?I don't have any of the above,but admit to buying a coffee machine and a juicer,got fed up of them and gave to charity.

Love my Coffee machine,.......and would be really lost without my 'Ding'..........when the wife clears off somewhere we/out me...lol.

• Upvote 1

We don't drink a lot of coffee, but we went back to a percolator, makes better coffee than coffee makers.

Micro waves??? Done away with them completely, lots of evidence coming out that it makes some food toxic.

We have a bread maker, but I only use it to mix and knead the dough. Then I rmove it, "prove" it, knock it back by hand and "turn it" in bread tins, once raised, into the oven.

Cell phones?? Don't have one, hate all phones with a vengeance.

Hate cheap Chinese electrical and electronic devices, so chealy made from crap components.

• Upvote 1

Love my first cup of tea in the morning with my breakfast

Hate dog poo left on the grass outside our house in the morning - people obviously think they don't have to pick it up if it's night time!

Just realised this topic is about modern day appliances and things like that - sorry.

• Upvote 1

I must say that I love being on Nottstalgia and love all the banter between some of us. I do sometimes think that there should be more about Nottingham and it's history and that's why it's always good to have new Members who bring their own memories.

I also love how some Members post supportive messages to other Members who are going through a bad time in one way or another.

The only 'Hate' thing I can think of is how the TV volume blasts out during the Ad breaks. It's really annoying.

Edit. Having just read MargieH's post I must add my first cuppa of the day on my 'Love' list. :)

• Upvote 4

Love........ Nottstalgia and meeting friends

Hate....... Being treated like a 5year old, or a 95 year old, being told off for swearing, being told anything really !

It's a well known fact that you can always tell a bloke from Nottingham....But not much!

• Upvote 3

Love my wife dearly, hate her telling me I look silly in my minions tee shirts, or Olg guys rule OK ! shirts.

• Upvote 3

Computers

I love how I can find information on just about everything at the touch of a button. I have learnt and are still learning so much every day since I had my laptop

I love that on a sleepless night I can go anywhere in the world and just have a look around on Google Earth or Street View.

I hate all the bad things that have become available on the Internet.

• Upvote 4

Love: the benefits of digital technology. Keeping in touch with friends across the world. Google maps and street view enable me to view where I am going and assess the car parking. Access to useful and interesting websites and especially Nottstalgia.

Hate: the behaviour of people and organizations that misuse technology to bully, cheat and harass the ordinary honest citizen. Their activity costs us money in policing and theft.

• Upvote 4

I hate robbing Councils, Nottingham City Council is no better than a lot of others & is getting worse.

Take for example, bus lane enforcement, policed by cameras 24/7, BUT there are no 24hr buses.Enforcement on a bank holiday & Sundays too. All bus lanes in the city to be included soon.

Technology is a wonderful thing if used fairly.

George Orwell wasn't far off with his book 1984.

• Upvote 1

I've got some In laws staying for a week from tomorrow, an evening visiting some more on Saturday , a wedding next weekend too. Well, here we go.

Hates.... Insincerity, disloyalty, egotists, people who are in your face, full of themselves, life and souls of the party types (in your dreams) liars, unappreciative types, control freaks, self important types, manipulators, busy bodies.

Likes....... People I feel at ease with who I can talk to freely. ..... Thin on the ground I'm afraid.

• Upvote 2

With you on all accounts Fly!! Used to fake bad leg,migraine,hillman imp ran over my thumb...all manner of excuses to the tea and biscuit brigade,to avoid weddings etc..Now I just say "NO" I hate all the pecking order at those events.Norris mode..that's me!!