Moss and algae

To clear moss and algae from concrete and paving stones.

Sprinkle soda crystals over the area , use a watering can to wet ,or sprinkle some around when it's raining.after a few days it should turn brown and can be scraped with a shovel and brushed away.

Been grading around my workshop, and the spiders are deffo getting bigger!!! Trouble is they are Brown Recluse spiders, damned things inflict a nasty bite.

Now tips........can't think of one at present.

Use a boot lace on the idle lever on your mower,saves keep pulling starter cord.to stop yourself closing your eyes when sneezing whilst driving...shout pineapple. 20 kg bags of salt are a safe weedkiller.when glossing a glass panelled door/window- to save time with fiddly masking off- cut out desired width of glass panel from a newspaper, wet it and place on pane..gloss the beading in safety..non on glass.

I was going to suggest salt for weeds but Iandawson suggested it. I've just been bitten on my arm carrying a pile of chillies that I pulled up. Don't know what bit me but I immediately put lavender essential oil and aloe vera gel on just 15 mins ago and all the swelling has gone down.

I have moss stains on a wall, could I try rubbing soda crystals in do you think?

I have been trying this for a few weeks - to stop the end of cucumber going soft and gungy put the portion in a glass with about an inch of water. Keeps the end lovely nd crisp :)

With all this talk about breakfast in the other thread.....Bacon, instead of frying it in a frying pan and making a mess on the stove top with fat splashes, use one of those low side baking trays, put a grill in it, the sort you put fresh bread on straight out the oven, lay the rashers across the grill, and place them in the oven, bacon is less greasy, no splashes and I think the bacon tastes better.

I wrap celery in foil, it will keep for several weeks in the fridge. I've put this next one on here before somewhere. All you short gals like wot I am, the kitchen counter is too tall to have your mixing bowl on and work comfortably. I put mine in the kitchen sink, and mix cakes or pastry with the bowl lower, it works well.

• Upvote 1

Nice one Katyjay. That will save me having to practically redecorate the kitchen after every baking session. If I whip cream or whisk batter for Y Puds, I usually get a face full before I remember to lay a cloth loosely over my hand as I whisk. :laugh:

• Upvote 1

I was going to suggest salt for weeds but Iandawson suggested it.

I've asked this many times but never got an answer....boiling water kills weeds...FACT!

What I want to know is (And I don't own one myself) These steam cleaner thingys....are they hot enough to kill weeds...Can someone who owns one go outside and try it on some and let me know?

I have one pooh bear. I had it years ago, it was heavy but it steam cleaned very well. I don't use it now every time I fill it and switch on it trips the meter. I know I should get it seen to but when I think of how heavy it is to lug around despite it having wheels I leave it where it is. As for killing weeds I would imagine it would work the temperature it gets to is 100 C. We've got loads of weeds and grass growing between paving blocks. We've put bleach down before that works too but takes a long time.

I've asked this many times but never got an answer....boiling water kills weeds...FACT!

What I want to know is (And I don't own one myself) These steam cleaner thingys....are they hot enough to kill weeds...Can someone who owns one go outside and try it on some and let me know?

I use an electric hot air gun, I give 'em a blast then next day when the top growth has shrivelled I give 'em another going over to burn it off

I remember, poohbear, same shape but blue in colour.

We had one at the Kennels at ROT - got rid of weeds, fenceline growth, almost anything when going full pressure... slywink

• 7 months later...

If you ever get kidnapped & locked in the boot of a car don't panic just disconnect the wires to the back lights then just wait until it gets pulled over, then a few swift kicks to the underside of the boot lid will alert the police you are in there ..... see simples!