Does anyone still have a cooked breakfast

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was watching a news programme today about Boris Johnson's visit to the Virgin Islands and  standing behind him was my son !!!!  He was only  on view for seconds but so nice to see him so unexpectedl

Now THAT'S what I call a cooked breakfast! 1. In preparation......   2. Cooked and ready to eat....  

There were never any racial divisions on NCT, all races, religeons & creeds got on famously ! Even the banter that flowed was good humoured. You could try & wind a muslim up by offering him a

At home: never. I like my Weetabix.

On holiday: sometimes but if I do have cooked breakfast then I miss lunch. Cooked breakfast at a Wetherspoons is cheaper than it is at Premier Inn and they do very good "eggs benedict". Stayed at Aberdeen Premier Inn and went over the road to Archibald Simpson's for good food, nice atmosphere and an amazing building. It has been a bank and it makes me think of Gringotts in Harry Potter.

I started this topic but never said what I have for brekky. Well if I'm lucky, before hubby goes to work he'll bring me an espresso. When I'm awake and ready to eat I'll have either a yogourt, a banana, a grapefruit or 2 little toasted biscuits with jam and a mug of instant coffee. Oh and my cod liver oil capsule!

Poohbear, I remember the pancake place in Leicester - it was called the 'Hungry I '. My husband and I used to go there when we were first going out together.

Mainly home made muesli, or porridge with blueberries raspberries and cinnamon for me with poached eggs on pumpernickel bread on Sundays, If we are staying at an hotel then we have a full English as a treat. I very rarely have processed meats anyway, unless I have processed it myself, and I take no notice of the food scares as by now we shouldn't actually eat anything at all if you heed the experts!!!

• Upvote 2

We very rarely have the traditional "Full English". As we have got older our diet has changed quite a lot, a bit healthier but not strictly. Hubbs has cereal about 7/8am and then we eat together later in the morning.

Can be anything from Smoked Haddock to Bacon Sandwich/ Cheese on Toast etc. What ever we fancy. We do have a variation of the "Half full English", but it is more likely to be for tea than breakfast.

• Upvote 2

Just wondered how many of us would eat 'Red Meat'...........if we had to kill it ourselves........?

• Upvote 2

I like the carvery breakfast at the Toby Carvery, all you can eat, yes, all you can eat for under a fiver.

Ought to be called "The Heart Attack Special", that is why my visits there are strictly rationed, by order !

• Upvote 1

#32. I used to go rough shooting at least twice a week. Always ate what I shot except for the vermin and when I had something for the pot that was it for the day.

When my son was 9 years old he expressed a desire to join me. His first year was spent walking around with an unloaded 20 gauge and learning how to gut and prepare what I shot and shooting sporting clays.

• Upvote 2

#16 -MargeH

Thanks Marge, I knew I had heard it somewhere at sometime a while ago.............

• Upvote 1

#32 benjamin45 - My husband was a Butcher and worked for his father, when his father left school,(he was born 1909), the only job he could get was in butchering, he worked for Beets on Hyson Green, they had to go to the Abbatoir and kill their own beasts, it was their job, they had to get used to it, it was butchering back then........Everybody ate meat, it was the norm and provided Protein and energy people needed to survive...........I was born in 1945, meat was on rationing, it was like gold, to have it for your dinner was a luxury and helped with our health and growth......

If you had been born centuries ago, you would have had to kill the meat and provide for your family, or starve..........

Years ago things were very different and i think folk ate anything they could get their hands on,glad i did'nt live then,because i can't imagine Killing anything,and what an awful way to earn a living.I once inadvertainly witnessed a Cow being slaughtered and it upset me deeply.

When i worked for Marsdens as a 15 yr old i was taught how to bone and roll sides of Bacon,and i never gave a thought as to how the Animal had met its end,..........with todays information on Nutrition i'm sure we could manage without meat,i keep red meat consumtion to a minimum,and i'm sure i could live without it.

My uncle was a butcher and so was my brother in law. My sister in law always had the best meat stacked up in her freezer. My BIL used to slaughter for the local farms here and once my children went with him. It put them off meat for a very long time.

• Upvote 1

So your dog eats at the table as well Steven. I can't sit down to eat before the dog scratches at my side for something. Then won't eat her own food.

Hollybeck Nurseries on the Oxton to Southwell road do a weekday special at £2.99 which is really good value.

I have one every month or so. I love going out for breakfast once in a while. It makes the day.

• Upvote 2

Fly2

I love going out for breakfast too. On thursdays its market day so I go into one of the bars and have a cappuccino and croissant,

then sunday nearly everybody and their brothers and sisters go the bar for breakfast. Its a good social event because as its only a small village you see everyone.

• Upvote 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Just back from Norway where two weeks worth of cooked breakfasts, huge buffet lunches and three course teas mean that I am now 9lbs bigger than when I left!

You'll need an extra layer of flesh up there for the forthcoming winter.