Does anyone still have a cooked breakfast

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was watching a news programme today about Boris Johnson's visit to the Virgin Islands and  standing behind him was my son !!!!  He was only  on view for seconds but so nice to see him so unexpectedl

Now THAT'S what I call a cooked breakfast! 1. In preparation......   2. Cooked and ready to eat....  

There were never any racial divisions on NCT, all races, religeons & creeds got on famously ! Even the banter that flowed was good humoured. You could try & wind a muslim up by offering him a

19 hours ago, catfan said:

3 Quorn veggie sausages, well nice.

What does Quorn  taste like? do they add something to make it taste like meat or something else?

Web have a town called Quorn in South Australia and for the railway enthusiasts on NS it is the railhead of the Pichi Richi Railway Preservation Society a heritage railway that follows the route of the original Ghan from Port Augusta.

Photo from pichirichirailway.org.au

Image result for pichi richi railway

An Australia Post stamp of Quorn Station from ABC.net.au

Image result for quorn railway stamp

Surprisingly OZ they are quite good, in the early veggie days some of the offerings were very poor. Incidentaly today we have Quorn veggie Cottage Pie & all the trimmings & I certainly enjoy em & I'm not even veggie.

Quorn town also near Loughborough !

1 hour ago, Compo said:

That's odd Lizzie - the name Singh is Sikh not Muslim.

That's what I have always thought Compo, but they're definitely Muslims, go to Mecca and all that stuff. They all called him 'uncle' ....perhaps not a real uncle and  maybe he was a Sikh but he didn't wear a turban, do they mix? 

If the last department I worked in at Siemens was anything to go by, I'd say no, they don't often mix.

The Muslims, Sikhs, Hindus , Kenyan Asians and a couple of West Indians loathed each other. 

In every walk of life, there are exceptions though.

• Like 1

There were never any racial divisions on NCT, all races, religeons & creeds got on famously ! Even the banter that flowed was good humoured. You could try & wind a muslim up by offering him a bacon cob & he would just laugh it off by asking why we only have one wife,!  Nowadays with PC there would be mayhem. Much better in the old days.

• Like 5

I agree Catfan.......before all this PC I reckon different cultures got on a lot better......I have many acquaintances of all religions......and must say get on well with em all..........a few days ago a Muslim (very English) asked me if ''i'd seen Dave''...........what Black Dave or white Dave? I replied,.......you can't say that he said''............told him ''yes I can,neither would be offended''...........we finished up laughing....and in the end he agreed with me,

We are now a very multi cultured country,.....and it aint gonna change........some have trouble with how to speak to someone of a different persuasion ,.......I have found just being yourself and speaking first, , breaks down the barriers,..........ive even got many recent immigrants saying 'ey-up duck' But first I learned their words for it..........Remember that song from the 60s ''great big melting pot''........well its here now.......  

Edit.........to keep it in topic.......they all love a good breakfast..........lol.

• Like 3

Muslims love their breakfast too............Bread..Jam...Toast.butter....chicken fish and Beef........and probably much more........

Are you being Pedantic young Catfan?..........all i said was they enjoy breakfast......''i can hear that whistling sound when we meet in Bulwell high street.........................at dawn.............

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

I agree Catfan.......before all this PC I reckon different cultures got on a lot better......I have many acquaintances of all religions......and must say get on well with em all..........a few days ago a Muslim (very English) asked me if ''i'd seen Dave''...........what Black Dave or white Dave? I replied,.......you can't say that he said''............told him ''yes I can,neither would be offended''...........we finished up laughing....and in the end he agreed with me,

We are now a very multi cultured country,.....and it aint gonna change........some have trouble with how to speak to someone of a different persuasion ,.......I have found just being yourself and speaking first, , breaks down the barriers,..........ive even got many recent immigrants saying 'ey-up duck' But first I learned their words for it..........Remember that song from the 60s ''great big melting pot''........well its here now.......  

Edit.........to keep it in topic.......they all love a good breakfast..........lol.

A lot of sense in your post ben, we never had any racial problems on NCT, why even the "other sort" got on with & minded their own business. It wasn't until modern day PC came along & knackered things up, creating more problems than solving them.

The only thing we insisted on with Johny Foreigner was when the daily card school started then only english could be spoken, stop em bleddy cheating !

• Like 1

During 1970/71 whilst at RAF Newton on a training course I had a married quarter for a while.  We used to have some Iranians, Jordanians and Palestinians around occasionally for meals and beers - yes, some of them did drink.  One day one of the Palestinian Muslims wanted to know what bacon tasted like and at a loss to explain I told him that he would probably never know.  He was so keen to know that he asked for a bacon sandwich.  Once he had taken a bite his mates all wanted some too!  Some said they didn't like it but others enjoyed the experience.  We are all the same beneath.

4 hours ago, catfan said:

A lot of sense in your post ben, we never had any racial problems on NCT, 

My Dad that you knew catfan when he was a 'duckie'..........was very old school......when most the population......used what now would be termed racial expressions ,............but his Driver, who was Indian became Dads best mate........can't remember his name now.........after he emigrated to Canada.....still kept in touch with me old Dad to the end of his days

Edit.........oh yes,they always had breaky together..............lol

• 3 years later...