Does anyone still have a cooked breakfast

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was watching a news programme today about Boris Johnson's visit to the Virgin Islands and  standing behind him was my son !!!!  He was only  on view for seconds but so nice to see him so unexpectedl

Now THAT'S what I call a cooked breakfast! 1. In preparation......   2. Cooked and ready to eat....  

There were never any racial divisions on NCT, all races, religeons & creeds got on famously ! Even the banter that flowed was good humoured. You could try & wind a muslim up by offering him a

I shan't relate mine. Not on here anyway. In fact not at all !!!

• Upvote 2

Toast and marmalade usually, but in the course of my work I often help prepare cooked breakfasts and serve them up to operatives at wherever I am working.

• Upvote 2

I'm with Catfan on the pork pie and mustard front. Have four pork pies in the freezer and a gnu pot of mustard in the cupboard,awaiting Xmas.

Kippers this breakfast to whet my appetite for a full English tomorrow morning.

• Upvote 1

Pork pie is not pork pie with Branston Pickle...............

• 1 year later...

RR, Can't you  have your cereal as well as the cooked breakfast?  This last week when we were away, I had cereal with fresh fruit salad followed by a small cooked breakfast (no sausage, beans or fried bread). That lasted me till the next day (apart from an ice cream, a hot doughnut and then a bag of chips between us in the evening!)

• Like 1

I never cook a traditional full breakfast at home. Sometimes I will cook one on holiday but that is a special treat for my husband. At home the closest we get to one  will be bacon; egg, tomatoes and plain white/brown bread and then it will generally be at teatime.

Our favourite newly discovered regular breakfast is quite plain but delicious. On a lge plate I slice about eight small plum tomatoes each, black pepper, a good covering of a high quality olive oil, sometimes a sprinkle of very mature cheddar and microwave for about four minutes. I slide it in half onto small plates and eat with  crusty bread or toast.

• Like 1

I try to treat myself to one full English each weekend, minus the fried bread and no black pudding. No lunch required on that day

Especially good in the summer, eating outside on the patio, with the warm sun shining and looking at the ocean

3 hours ago, carni said:

Our favourite newly discovered regular breakfast is quite plain but delicious. On a lge plate I slice about eight small plum tomatoes each, black pepper, a good covering of a high quality olive oil, sometimes a sprinkle of very mature cheddar and microwave for about four minutes. I slide it in half onto small plates and eat with  crusty bread or toast.

Just tried this for lunch and it was very tasty - put one of those cheese slice things on the tomatoes and ate it all on toast.  

• Like 1

I do, if you count porridge. I make 4 portions, measurements according to the box, and when cooked on the stove top, divide it into 5 portions. I find that plenty. I put them in Tupperware  and refrigerate. I also add to each container a pinch of brown sugar, a few raisins and chopped walnuts. All I have to do then is a quick zap each morning. 

• Like 1

Highway Star Truck Stop on the A40 in Monmouthshire this morning. Not bad. 6 out of 10. Processed sausage, white toast, soggy bacon, but a fantastic egg, and lots of beans !

Just returned from two trips to Carmarthen and one to Hants / Dorset. 

Met an outlaws mother for the first time. Clones ! I've counted to 10 so many times, I almost delirious. Tongue bitten to a stub, and gashes from constant finger nail clenching . Nobody got the better of me mentally  though. I can let people know my moods with just a look. I don't 'always ' need to argue !

Mentally and physically....... and I was in Wales don't forget. That can be trying at the best of times !:flyswat:

• Like 1

We only have one about once a month but its usually at dinner time for our main meal, bacon well done , tomatoes with plenty of pepper, sausage from Barlows, mushrooms and fried bread, eggs however they come. Blob of brown sauce. I always have bacon sandwiches on matchdays;  religiously...... that might sound bad to some but with a bit of brown sauce they're scrumptious .

• Upvote 1