Does anyone still have a cooked breakfast

Now THAT'S what I call a cooked breakfast!

1. In preparation......

37141249445_9bc1c120d2_h.jpg

2. Cooked and ready to eat....

36743564410_a2ebb58a4e_h.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was watching a news programme today about Boris Johnson's visit to the Virgin Islands and  standing behind him was my son !!!!  He was only  on view for seconds but so nice to see him so unexpectedl

Now THAT'S what I call a cooked breakfast! 1. In preparation......   2. Cooked and ready to eat....  

There were never any racial divisions on NCT, all races, religeons & creeds got on famously ! Even the banter that flowed was good humoured. You could try & wind a muslim up by offering him a

I'd normally be the first to agree with that catfan, but when I'd finished the breakfast I referred to some posts back, I thought blimey, never got me brown sauce with it. But you know what, I hadn't missed it! Perhaps the quality of food sometimes just doesn't need embellishment. Or am I being a breakfast Philistine?

4 hours ago, catfan said:

Total Philistine  TBI  !

Just the same as those people including Mrs C who eat chips without salt & vinegar.

I'm with Mrs C on this one,  don't have salt and vinegar on my fish and chips either.

NBL: That square sausage is called "Lorne Sausage" and is a sausage meat with barley added.  If you can't get it where you are I could perhaps post you some?

All Nottstalgians are welcome to try breakfast at Compo's but perhaps not all at once :)   just drop us a not saying when you would like to attend........

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Compo said:

NBL: That square sausage is called "Lorne Sausage" and is a sausage meat with barley added.  If you can't get it where you are I could perhaps post you some?

Never heard of Lorne sausage before and I have never had it with a full breakfast when in Scotland. I missed out on that one as it looks and sounds delicious. It looks just the right size to fit on a slice of plain sliced bread with HP sauce of course.

Thanks Compo I will ask SWMBO next time she is out to try and find some. I used to have it now again when walking/climbing in Scotland, but the last time would have been at a little place in Fort William some 15 years ago. I could eat well in those days and breakfast was two slices of toast each with a slice of what I now know is Lorne sausage on top followed by a fried egg on top of that, surrounded by bacon, mushrooms and baked beans, had to walk up the glen to the foot of the Ben to let it settle. Needless to say supper was the next time I had food that day.

• Like 1

I can go one better with the salt we do use or have any in the house? Sometimes replaced with a sprinkle of Paprika. 

They once asked for suggestions to improve the works canteen, my suggestion to have a full breakfast free day, give them fruit instead, also monitor some of the more heavier employees food intake, did not go down to well :crazy: 

No salt in this house eithere Red, but my Doc suggested I take more salt, can't bleddy win.

At Mrs Cs former employers a manager tried to get chips off the canteen menu, a strike was narrowly avoided !