Does anyone still have a cooked breakfast

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was watching a news programme today about Boris Johnson's visit to the Virgin Islands and  standing behind him was my son !!!!  He was only  on view for seconds but so nice to see him so unexpectedl

Now THAT'S what I call a cooked breakfast! 1. In preparation......   2. Cooked and ready to eat....  

There were never any racial divisions on NCT, all races, religeons & creeds got on famously ! Even the banter that flowed was good humoured. You could try & wind a muslim up by offering him a

7 hours ago, catfan said:

I'm rather partial to a bit of Boston Sage !

I'm in Boston next week Mike,I'll let her know

Rog

• Like 1

Our local butchers do Lorne sausage NBL. Let me know if you can't find any and I will mail you a couple of slices for your tea.

I live in Thailand and I make sure I have a big English breakfast every Sunday.  Fortunately there's a man who makes lovely Lincolnshire  sausages nearby but ordinary mushrooms are not so common so I sometimes have to use straw mushrooms.

• Like 1

I was watching a news programme today about Boris Johnson's visit to the Virgin Islands and  standing behind him was my son !!!!  He was only  on view for seconds but so nice to see him so unexpectedly.   I was a very proud mum, he wears his green beret with pride.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:08 AM, radfordred said:

Just sprinkled a few herbs on my tomatos on toast, rubbed my eyes I'm now parsley sited 

Brill....

Heard that bacon fat is bad for you so I had my cooked breakfast today with a mini-burger instead. L to R: Bread and butter, bread and dip, white pepper, fried home-grown tomatoes, salt, HP fruity sauce, Lorne beef sausage meat, fried bread, free range poached egg (too fatty when fried), two Lincolnshire sausages, mini-burger, two rounds of black pudding, knife and spork (Spork courtesy of South African airlines 1990).  To be followed by toast and marmalade and a nice pot of tea.

37379364666_89b7575471_h.jpg

Julie's mother once gave a vegetarian couple a salad with ham, saying: "I know you are vegetarian, so I haven't given you much meat."  Well, she was 90yrs old at the time so I suppose you can forgive her for not understanding what vegetarian meant. :)

Without wanting to appear to be racist, I reckon some sub Saharan and South Pacific inhabitants still do !

20 hours ago, Compo said:

Julie's mother once gave a vegetarian couple a salad with ham, saying: "I know you are vegetarian, so I haven't given you much meat."  Well, she was 90yrs old at the time so I suppose you can forgive her for not understanding what vegetarian meant. :)

Many years ago my husband invited an old work colleague round for tea.  I'd never met him before as he lived in South Wales and they'd worked together many years earlier.  He arrived with his wife, 2 young children and his Uncle who they all called Mr Singh.  With a name like that I expect you can already imagine where this story is going?   

To me, Sunday afternoon tea had always been salad with some sliced meat.  This time I'd got a gammon joint, it was a couple of days after Christmas so a great opportunity to use food up I thought!   Nobody told me they were Muslims.  In fact probably in those days I wasn't even aware that Muslims didn't eat pork.  It was a bit awkward but I found something else for this tribe to eat but they've never popped in for afternoon tea again!