An email received via Error on the forums list.

On 1 November 2015 at 00:06, ******************** wrote:

Hi Admin.
I`m just attempting to add a new school to the schools forum list.
I`m logged in, and I have composed the piece I wish to post.

I`ve clicked "Add this post" or "Submit" whatever the term was at the bottom, I then get the message - "Your secure key, does not match the one you submitted. Go back, reload form (#20310) and try again.

I assumed that `Secure Key` meant log on details so I re-entered those. This took me to a blank page with no instructions or buttons to click.

Any suggestions please?

I`m just attempting to add a new school to the schools forum list.

I`m logged in, and I have composed the piece I wish to post.

This seems to say two things. A member can't add a new school to the forum list - only an Admin can do that. A member can only add a post to an existing thread, or start a new topic under "All other Nottingham Schools".

I think the person has been trying to do something they don't have power to do.

• Upvote 1

I think you may be right, they tried to add a new "board"

No I think they just tried to post a new topic using a mobile, and its an error in the app.

These emails usually come in with new members being unable to post, usually because they

have not completed verification by clicking on the link in the welcome email.

Or because that email went into their spam folder? Easy sorted.

But this one is a problem encountered by a current member. The only problems we have are with people using

access devices which the forum wont fully support. Kindle? Or when someone switches in the mobile skin and cant get out of it.

Thanks for the replies. I`m the O.P. Or should that be OAF?

Clifton #4 may be closest to the mark. I do recall seeing advice at some point that one should contact Admin., if wishing to add a

new school. The page I was on though, led me to believe I could complete the operation myself.

I`ll go back, start again, through Admin. etc.

Will the post I was trying to submit be lost or has it been retained on the system somewhere that I can access?

Thanks again guys.

You can create a topic for any school, should we get enough ex pupils we can create a category where any numbers of topics can be posted.

If you google the exact error you are receiving, you will receive results re a solution. If you add the word 'Invision' you will receive results

relevant to our forum software. You may not understand the answer as it may entail a change at our end.

Nothing to do with the error message but every time I access a thread by default it appears in ' Content I Follow'. I then have to go through the process of deleting otherwise the list gets endless. This anomaly has only recently started, I have checked my settings but nothing appears to be out of order. Can anyone help please?