Don Coging. My cousin.

In the year 2000 my son tracked down a record producer in Germany who said that Don was dead from drink and drugs. In 2004, a very much alive, Don, phoned me up from Germany! Mrs PP took the call cos I'm deaf. Following a chat he said he would get in touch again, which he didn't and we had not contact number or addy, so lost contact.

As a young man in the 50's and 60's he played with a folk group - think it was called 'Old ma's blueberry pickers' or something like that. Then he left for Germany where 'Folk' was picking up while it was declining in the UK. A year or so ago another cousin told me about an article in the Telegraph featuring Don as a lost person. He had been deported from Australia as a person suffering short memory loss. He only had the clothes that he stood in and a UK medical card. The article was about a year old when I found it. I tracked him down to a hostel in Nottingham, who I emailed. No reply to two requests - I suspect I was too late.

Did any old 'Folk' people know Don Coging, born 1940/1?

Thank you for your responses. Yes it was Ascot House who did not reply although I pointed out that I was his cousin - our dads were brothers.

Being deaf I cannot use the phone so I will make a trip over to Nottm and pay a visit. Hope I am not too late.

I have seen the links posted. In the picture of the group Don was the tall one. His dad disowned him when he was a teenager and told me that "I don't have a son"! His name was Don too.

• Upvote 1

I asked a friend to phone Ascot House on my behalf this afternoon. They said "yes he was here but left years ago"? They did not know where he went to. I could not expect my friend to press for more info, like "what does it say in your records"? or something like that.

#8 thanks ian. I will be grateful for any help mate.