Carlton Terrace, anyone? :)

Hello! :)

I've just been looking at the 1939 Register and it seems that my family were living at 11 Carlton Terrace, Nottingham at the time. There doesn't seem to be a Carlton Terrace anywhere in Nottingham now so I'm assuming that it went in the slum clearances. I think it may have been in The Meadows - has anyone come across it at all?

Welcome to the Forum Julie, hope that you find it as interesting and addictive as most of us on here.

I believe that there was a Carlton Terrace off Ashling St, which was just off Meadow Lane, but wait on for Cliff Ton to come on line and you should get a definite answer.

In the news archives are a couple of refs to the terrace , one saying it's off Ashling Street and another it's off Meadow Lane .

Edit : Aaah Commo beat me to it !

There was a Carlton Terrace off Carlton Street in the City of Nottingham back in the 60's, it was down Hockley between George Street and Broad Street, the Terrace was pulled down in the late 60's.................My hubbies great aunt Lizzie (Porter) used to live there, she was born in 1872. -1967..........

• 5 years later...

I was born at 6 Carlton terrace in 1952 it was on Ashling street next to Sutton street off Meadow Lane and Iremonger Road right next to the Notts County football ground. Number 11 was the 6th House up in the second row of Houses there is a picture of Ashling street on the Nottm pictures site.

Hi Robert my great Grandma and Grandad lived at either 9 ro 11 Sutton st. or Ashling st. a very small terraced house with toilet down the yard. I lived at Nuthall and on Saturdays my Grandad and I would bike to great Grandads house and leave the bikes there have a cup of tea and cake then walk over to watch County, called at the little sweet shop on the corner brought some mints even some of the players were in there i dont think its like that anymore great days.