Born in the Firs, October 1965, lived in Broxtowe until September 1968, moved to Clifton 1968-1977. Exiled to South Derbyshire and now residing in Northampton. Still a proud Snot, fanatical 'Pies supporter. My kids think I have a funny accent, I think they put r's in the wrong place. It is a bath not a barth etc. Nobody else in the house likes mushy peas, despite my protestations that when served with mint sauce they should be considered a delicacy.

• Upvote 1

Welcome to Nottstalgia Deepdene Boy.

Naaht funneh abaat the Nottinum accent Miduck. If they don't like "Mushy Peas" there's not much chance with"Colwick Cheese" then? Just think; If they don't like the "Mushy Peas" that means there's more for you! :biggrin:

Hi Deepdene Boy welcome to Nottstalgia. I lived on Withern Road until 1972. You will find this site very addictive with lots of very diverse subjects to follow.....enjoy.

• Upvote 1

Always remember a Nottingham chef chatting to camera next to the Robin Hood statue...he mentioned the Castle and the director immediately stopped the filming. The following had me laughing...

"Why have we stopped?"

"You said Castle!"

"And???"

"It should be Carstle!"

"Round here mate it's Castle...the way it's spelt...ya Southern Poof!"

• Upvote 1

Hello Deepdene Boy, hope you get to enjoy this site as much as I do it is indeed very addictive!!

Re mushy peas with mint sauce - we used to be able to buy them in Central Market, you had them in a small bowl with a wooden fork. mmmm! Also used to be able to get cockles too. My daughter was disgusted when I mentioned it.

Welcome Deepdene boy - did you used to live at Deepdene Way, hence your nickname ?............