Only mods and admin can delete postings. The trouble with deleting stuff is, someone may have responded to your post, and if it's deleted, their replies will not make sense. Better to post another new one, explaining why you are doing it and what was incorrect on a previous post.

Still haven't got the hang of images, does copy and paste work with Flicr. ?

For posting images I use Photobucket and it's easy. I've always found Flickr difficult when it comes to sharing and posting photos; other people may have found a way to use it successfully.

I can't post any photos at present as the tool bar in my reply box has disappeared again .

However this was the only (convoluted) way I used to be able to post photos from flickr :

Go to your photostream and select image that you want to post .

When image has loaded , look at the bottom right and there are 4 icons , click on the arrow pointing down and underlined far right, select "View all sizes".

Should then give you an option of selecting sizes of image , select size or leave as is .

Right click on the image and select "Open in new tab" . Photo should load in new tab .

Go to the new tab and look in the browser address bar the IMAGE URL MUST END IN .jpg or it won't work

Highlight and copy that address and go to Nottstalgia reply box ,paste link in the image box (looks like a TV screen)and press enter and it should appear in your message .

Right click on the image and select "Open in new tab" . Photo should load in new tab .

A great demonstration of what I said earlier :mellow: ...... if I right click on an image in Flickr I don't get any option to "open in new tab" !!

"if I right click on an image in Flickr I don't get any option to "open in new tab" !!"

I can't right click an image in the photostream (where all photos are lumped together) . You have to click on the desired image so that it opens up on it's own with a big black border . Then select the down arrow etc as above . (I'm using chrome on a laptop )

Yes that icon is there, but whichever size I click on, it then automatically downloads the image.

Demonstrates that all computers and browsers and systems will produce different results from what appears to be the same starting point.

So I'll continue to stick with Photobucket !

Fair enough .

I don't usually select a size ,just right click on the image that automatically pops up but maybe different with Apple .

I don't want to imply any criticism of 'Da Management', but this is one of two boards I visit where posting images is, or can be particularly difficult. Both use the same software.

The other board I use frequently is based on 'v.bulletin' software. It is much more basic in apearance, but easier to post to.

Col

DJ360 post12

Since we intend to retain every post made on this board to be online forever, we cant host images.

Other forums will archive or delete older posts. Here our oldest posts are the most valuable.

VBulletin is a free forum code. IPB is a system I had to purchase, and have to pay twice a year

to keep updated. There should be no problem making posts or linking remotely hosted images.

• Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...

Hi Brit 45. I may need correcting here but I think topic tags are word you can add to a post so that if someone is searching a topic yours will come up. For example if you posted a topic like. "My new boat". You could add words like, river, lake, sails etc.

Re Photobucket. I still use at as closing it would leave lots of broken links, I run a script blocker and I was amazed to see how many other nosy sites want to see a piece of the action before it will even allow you to log in. I don't like being tracked

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

I used to regularly post in 'What are you listening to now' , and it was always slow, but for the last few days, I can't get in at all.

It keeps crashing and saying there was a problem and is being reloaded. This goes on for ages. I assume it's the video links that balls it up, because prior to their insertion, it was ok. Does anyone else get this problem? 

I can't post links or videos being a technological dinasour. I've always just written what I'm listening to. 

Works fine for me FLY, what you using, PC, tablet etc ? I find on a PC every now & then do a restart to clear out the memory catche etc works wonders.

All explained here,          http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/definition/cache-memory

Any further problems then give benjamin a shout, he's mustard on things like this !

iPad Catfan, and there's never anything in my cache. I save nothing! 

• Upvote 1

Fly I just loaded a video as a test on the "listening"page and though the page was slow to load on my phone using chrome,  the video did load .I do have problems though embedding photos in a post from my phone . I click on "load other media" (or whatever it says) ,enter the URL , click but nothing happens