What Jobs Have We Done?

Yes TBI, stress can be an issue but as my dad used to say "if you don't enjoy your job, leave". At least you were able to retire without a broken and worn out body. Each to there own is a good maxim

• Like 1
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunno if this has been done before.... I seem to have been spectacularly bad at choosing for a long time. Then when I finally got it right, Govt. decided I as wrong. When I left school with 6 'O' l

I feel as though I have been here before with this topic - excuses if I have. As I was about to leave school, dad asked me what I wanted to do. 'Don't go in the paint trade' (like him), he told me, g

Left FFGS after six fruitless years with no qualifications other than my 11 plus, my cycling proficiency certificate, and a card saying I swam a length at Noel St Baths. Waiter, caravan site operativ

No simple answers to this.

What jobs have I had? If you count the temporary, the agency and part time work when a student it will run into dozens... Anything to earn a bob or two,

• 4 weeks later...

Ayupmeducks

I was interested where you mentioned working at Wilson Ford. Two friends I knew worked there. David Gladwyn and Terry Reynolds.

I new a friend too who was at British Gysum, Keith Millington. Lost contact with them aeons ago.

• 3 years later...
On 11/19/2015 at 2:41 PM, Tompa said:

Left school at 15,my form master Mr Spungin said I was useless and would never make anything of my life. Got a job at a firm opposite the old Labour Exchange making roller blinds mostly for garage doors, ended up making tea and running errands most of the time. After 3 months of that I joined the army as a band -boy, took ACE ( Army Certificate Of Education ) in general studies

Became a fairly good cornet player, posted to Berlin in 1961 Spandau Barracks. Met a swedish girl while in Berlin and married her. Reposted back to the UK to a newly built Roman Barracks in Colchester which Dr Profumo officially opened. Bought myself out of the army moved to Sweden stayed there 27 years, worked in a dairy for several years, then into engineering, lathing, milling etc, coach driving, waiter, judo instructor, and learning Swedish at the same time.

Came back to the UK 1991 worked as a coach driver, retired 2008. Done loads of other things, I could tell more, but then it would get complicated.

My dad was in colchester barracks , and berlin, he was in the Devonshire regiment for 16 yr corporal sheridan 

• Like 1

Seeing as i only had a spirit level in woodwork , no A or O levels , the careers officer said to me , what do you want to do lad ?  Jockey said i , he said Disc jockey ? I said no, horse jockey , but he didnt know how i could get a job in that business , until i told him , dont worry sir ive already got a job i start end of easter !!!