Not you Kev, you're just doing your job as you see fit. LOL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So ....... I've just read through 46 posts on this thread about MissingMotown not being happy with one sentence that I wrote on her Arboretum topic. It's not often that I 'shoot from the hip' and I'

Obviously the memorys of Nottingham inspire others to then recall theirs,and topics do go off at tangents,interlaced with good humoured Banter' and this in my opinion keeps people of all sorts interes

I agree redbowen. I only joined for information on Annesley and Colwick steam depots, and look what happened. 27,000 + posts. As has previously been stated, you're never going to get everyone singing

Obviously the memorys of Nottingham inspire others to then recall theirs,and topics do go off at tangents,interlaced with good humoured Banter' and this in my opinion keeps people of all sorts interested and keeps them coming back on a regular basis,and is probably unique to this forum,

I never thought i'd be a member of anything on the internet,but am slightly addicted,never been one to look for friends,i have lots of aquantants (spelling) and am happy with that,but i find i have inadvertantly become friends with a few on here,.........if any of that makes sense to you......

So the main ingredients to me are,...........Memories,Tangents and Banter, it suits the regulars and newcomers of a like mind,but there are many it don't suit like MM....so good luck and hope they find what they looking for...................sorry that was a bit of a ramble :biggrin:

Edit, just seen fly's comment ref' smack in mouth........i agree. lol.

• Upvote 10

Most likely the same pair Benjamin!

• Upvote 1

If you can't beat em, then join em I say. Embrace the joviality. If one gets that uptight and agitated by the Arboretum, what the hell would he be like on footy, politics, H&S , PC etc....... I seriously think Fynger would have seen him off.

• Upvote 3

We know, and as I said earlier, a longstanding and much appreciated member, and she didn't deserve that tirade from MM.

• Upvote 1

Sorry. Not been on for a coupla weeks due to work commitments. Sad to read someone is upset but I guess to be getting on a bit one has to be a grumpy owd bugger. I really do sometimes fit the bill (according to my lovely lady anyway.

• Upvote 1

I came here initially a few years back. I then had a long break and came back recently.

I like this place although I naturally get a bit hacked off with those who JUST WILL NOT ACCEPT THAT I AM RIGHT, ABOUT EVERYTHING, ALWAYS!!!!

Err, sorry.. got a bit excited there...

Anyway. I too am sorry that MM left, but I hope he's lurking and will return.

The thing about being off topic. I'm ace at it. A work colleague once told me I was a 'Master of the Non Sequitur'. I had to look it up... :)

But the thing is that this board has plenty of separate fora and even the 'General Chat', 'Owt Abaaht', etc, which provide scope for general discussion.

I originally came here to see what's what in Nottm now and to seek other Nottm related info, but if it was strictly Nottingham or Nowt, I wouldn't be here.

My other favourite site is mainly about Music and Hi-Fi. It's run by a guy who buys and sells second hand vinyl. But it's developed separate forums for 'Off Topic', 'Photography', etc., etc. It generally works well.

Col

• Upvote 4

So ....... I've just read through 46 posts on this thread about MissingMotown not being happy with one sentence that I wrote on her Arboretum topic. It's not often that I 'shoot from the hip' and I'm sorry that it has upset her.

I love Nottstalgia, as is evident from the number of posts I've made in the past 3 years, and yes I know, a lot of those are on the Word Games.

I also have great affection for many of the Nottstalgians, even though I've only met a handful of them personally.

I appreciate that that one sentence hit a nerve with a Newbie and maybe it was because she had just had a stay in hospital or maybe she is an over-sensitive soul generally. We have a lot of banter here, together with a massive amount of interesting topics to read and add comments to. There is a wealth of wonderful information, memories and photos to get our teeth into and I thank all of those who contribute such valuable information.

• Upvote 21

Bit of off topic lightheartedness.... I was told on the first day of my army radio operators course that if any of us said "over & out" we'd be chucked off the course. 'Over' means you want a reply, 'out' means you don't want a reply. 'Over & out' would mean you want a reply & you don't want a reply. Makes me laugh when they say it on heartbeat..

• Upvote 2

Just like to point out that MissingMotown is a SHE not a HE.

Almost worth starting a thread on that subject.

With many log-on names it's fairly obvious whether the person is male or female, but some are less definite. There are a few members here (and I'm obviously not going to be specific :closedeyes: ) who, when they first appeared, I made an assumption whether that person was male or female, based on their log-in name. In a couple of cases I eventually realised that my assumption had been wrong.

I thought I was old enough to spot the difference between men and women by now.

• Upvote 2

Well, if MM has left, perhaps she can now catch up on some Motown !

• Upvote 2

I couldn't possibly comment. I'm far too much of a gentleman.