#25. Have left the above posting open for two hours. The Edit tab is still there, but when I clicked on it a drop-down message said 'You do not have permission for this action'.

That said, I have often posted an edit sometime after posting the message. Cannot say what the time limit is but it is well beyond 15 minutes.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got the wIfe both for her birthday tommorow,......plus a card via moonpig,....she's got a face on today (thinks ive forgot)....lol.

A bunch of flowers dies off too quickly. A box of chocolates are soon eaten. A compliment lasts for ever.

I got chocolates for the missus last birthday, not a bad swap.

All this chat about flowers and chocolates. I'm not fussy; either is good. In fact i'm easily pleased. What about both? thumbsup

Got the wIfe both for her birthday tommorow,......plus a card via moonpig,....she's got a face on today (thinks ive forgot)....lol.

• Upvote 2
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Since the new-look pages the posts no longer seem to be numbered. This means that to quote one must either use the "Quote" button, which has always been discouraged, or actually select the bit you want to quote and copy it into your new post.   So, is it now ok to use the quote facility?

It's a bit of a pain. The post numbers disappeared with the last automatic software update and at the moment no-one knows how to get them back, although I believe there is a way.

The 'Quote' button was mainly discouraged in two instances;

1.  Don't use the Quote button to refer to the immediately preceding post.  And that still applies now.

2.  Don't use the Quote button to add your comment to an earlier post which was very big.... eg. including several photos.

Otherwise, there's no option but to use the Quote button to refer to a previous post.

There's a new upgrade ready when Mick finds the time to download it, maybe we will get the post numbers back after the upgrade. I did check the settings and I couldn't find any setting to allow post numbering anywhere.

If I use the quote facility and only want to reply to SOME of the post,  I just delete the bits I don't want to reply to, once the quote is in the reply box.

Thanks for that Margie..........have always wondered how to pick just a line from a quote...........i am very thick when it comes to lots of things on a computer.

• Upvote 1