Does anyone own a photograph of a Trolley bus standing at the stop on the city side of Trent Bridge?

I am putting together a short article for use in a future issue of the www.returntograntham.co.uk magazine and need this for inclusion, so the copyright must be with the owner or an image free to use.

The magazine is purely a not for profit affair, with the money raised by sales of the magazine going towards arranging social events to allow former railway staff to meet up and exchange memories every now and then. Many have rediscovered old friends during these meetings and it is a delight to see their faces when someone from the past turns up.

I am also looking for a similar image of Nottingham Victoria (with or without a bus) and one other showing a Nottingham train approaching Grantham.

Station.

If you can help please PM me.

Many thanks in anticipation...

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nottingham Road/Haydn Road turn round again

This has recently appeared on Facebook. I think it should be here as well. I have not seen it on here before although I think it is a well known picture. Not just the end of trolleybuses but Victoria

This is a trolley photo but it's also a photo of Manvers Street, Sneinton. Surprisingly most of the buildings have survived; at the far end is the old wholesale market, and the rear of the NCT bus gar

Hi Smiffy if you trawl through this you will come across a picture of a trolley bus outside the Victoria Station. I tried to download it without success .

http://www.old-bus-photos.co.uk/wp-content/themes/Old-Bus-Photos/galleries/nottingham_trolleybuses_the_last_years/nottingham_trolleybuses_the_last_years.php

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for your help with this!

The images certainly brought back many memories and will help me further with my article.

I have trawled through lots of images but they all seem to be copyrighted so do not want to infringe.

The one in post #3 looks perfect as it seems to be at Trent Bridge, but again unsure of copyright. The colour ones in #4 are evocative and show that lovely "Corporation Green"

Thanks again!

You may have already thought of this but.........

Re: the copyright situation. If you liked any of the images on Dave 48's link http://www.old-bus-photos.co.uk/wp-content/themes/Old-Bus-Photos/galleries/nottingham_trolleybuses_the_last_years/nottingham_trolleybuses_the_last_years.php you could have a word with the owner of photos (whose name is on the link) and ask if he'd agree to let you use them.

#6 photo................seem to remember the club/bar called 'Whistle Stop; steps going down where the Yellow flowers are ?

• Upvote 1

A couple of questions.

As kids Mum and Dad used to take us into Nottingham on the B8 or Trent bus to Huntingdon Street then a walk to Slab Square (why was it called that) and then on the trolley bus to the Trent Embankment for the fair or a cruise on the river. I seem to remember when you got on the lower deck at the front in the middle on the wall behind the driver was a large round "thing". Anyone have any idea what it was?

#20. I think the round thing was a heater. I remember well that the Midland General buses had heaters, and doors to keep the heat in.