StephenFord and Chulla

Thanks for the information. Yes, a bright metal circular thing with a grill. I can see how the heater would work from the engine cooling water on the MGO buses but how did it work on a trolley bus? Was it like a single bar electric fire or something similar?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nottingham Road/Haydn Road turn round again

This has recently appeared on Facebook. I think it should be here as well. I have not seen it on here before although I think it is a well known picture. Not just the end of trolleybuses but Victoria

This is a trolley photo but it's also a photo of Manvers Street, Sneinton. Surprisingly most of the buildings have survived; at the far end is the old wholesale market, and the rear of the NCT bus gar

• 3 weeks later...

OK, it's at Sandtoft but a nice clean good quality bit of film of 506. It's a bit too clean though compared to how I remember them!

• Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...

It certainly is, I've spent hours at that terminus ! Driving 44 buses. That garage was Billy Bell's & was taken over by his son when he retired.

The video shows the 44 route from Bulwell Hall as far as Sneinton Hermitage en route for Colwick Crossing terminus.

That's definitely the 44 terminus, out of shot to the right would be The Swinger, was there also a cobblers next to the garage?

You are quite right notty ash & I am wrong !

The picture is at the Colwick Road terminus, NOT Bulwell Hall as I said. The canteen bus gave it away.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.9511205,-1.1173662,3a,75y,144.95h,84.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-Tp_bxcaMxPz_BTHvIFV2Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

• Upvote 1

I stand corrected!! after further look it definitely isn't the 44 terminus, apologies!!

• 4 weeks later...

The only place on the Nottingham system (I think) where trolleybuses reversed to turn round, as opposed to having a turning circle. I am given to understand there was a skill/art to reversing a trolleybus over connections without de-wiring, and possibly pulling all the knitting down out of the sky !

need some help to clarify the exact location of the bus- its suppose to be turning onto haydn road but from which junction ? as that doesnt look like the star inn pub or robin hood pub to the right hand side although it looks like it says home ales on the stonework - i can just make out that the sign hanging up reads midland bank - the wall to the left looks like the one on the corner of nottingham road though

Haydn%20Road%20-%20Nottingham%20Road%20J