The Weather !

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Bulwell town, with aching feet, People fainting in the heat. Tar is melting on the road, Makes a change, it's usually cowd. Leenside joys for John and Sarah, Basking at the Notts Rivi

Last sunday 10c today 25c . Sunday even coats couldnt keep us warm, today and tonight light weight clothes and not even a cardigan. Crazy or what?

Currently in Shark Bay NW W Australia, been hovering around 26-28C last few days, bugger winters here again !

Just arrived home from a couple of hours out in the elements by the Staffs & Worcs canal, and a visit to my sis's for a cuppa.

At 10am, we left in the dry but cool weather. In between, we have got wet then dry twice. We have had beautiful blue sky and fluffy clouds, warm sunshine and more rain. then more sunshine. Chucked it down with rain while we had our cuppa.

Then we set off for the trip home in the sunshine again, but in the time it took to drink our tea, the temperature had dropped to scarfs and gloves on, zips up, and ear warmer band on weather. Shivered all the way home. As I sit typing this, the sky is a beautiful azure blue again. But as hubbs would say. " Enough to freeze yer C......s off. Really Christopher, I wouldn't know? :blush:

A bit of a mixture weather wise in West Mids.

• Upvote 1

Just the same in Stoke poohbear, at least when there's a covering of snow all the gardens look the same!!

Carni we were the same here yesterday, lunchtime brilliant sunshine when I nipped out for a sandwich, chucking it down ten minutes later then dry but cold by the time I left work. Went to a friends last night, left home in a slight drizzle, glanced out of the window at 10pm and couldn't believe my eyes!! I think the shock was more to do with the forecast being right than the actual snowfall.......

I live right by a bus terminus and have not heard a single bus this morning yet, there should have been half a dozen by now.

Hope everyone is OK in this weather - keep warm y'all. I'm staying in with a good book! Hope your stepson gets through Bubblewrap, my son and family are visiting from Middlesbrough next weekend so hope it's cleared by then :)

• Upvote 4

Wet, windy and cold here, looking at the radar map, snow is falling to the north of me right up into Illinois.

You're so right Lizzie, if anyone wanted to invade this sceptered isle all they do is wait for a Bank Holiday with an inch of snow and we're snookered! And for good measure offer sick notes to any would be defender :)

• Upvote 2

Just a smattering of snow on the car this morning. Having worked most of my life outdoors (although I work in kitchens these days) I don't get too badly affected by the cold. However, my poor little wifey would feel cold in a blast furnace bless her.

Bloody awful weather, I think I can stand going out and walking in any weather, except freezing, windy rain...........Car needs cleaning, driveway needs sweeping, wanted to shop in the City, no way - spoilt my day........

• Upvote 1

I am not joking it feels bloody cold don't know how we survived in the Uk

65 deg would have been T shirt weather.

I suppose when the average temp is close to 90 deg a 30 degree drop seems like we had a catastrophic event

Still no rain though.

• Upvote 1