The Weather !

Temperature has not risen above freezing for a couple of days now here in Caithness.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Bulwell town, with aching feet, People fainting in the heat. Tar is melting on the road, Makes a change, it's usually cowd. Leenside joys for John and Sarah, Basking at the Notts Rivi

Last sunday 10c today 25c . Sunday even coats couldnt keep us warm, today and tonight light weight clothes and not even a cardigan. Crazy or what?

Currently in Shark Bay NW W Australia, been hovering around 26-28C last few days, bugger winters here again !

PeverilPeril #31: Tent night is Dec 31st. Plenty of snow on the hills but only a dusting at sea level.

Days are starting to get cold, about average here for this time of year, sunny and 45F, so can't grumble...In a few short weeks we can expect very low temps, it can get to single digits F in January our coldest month.

Lovely sunny day here till about 3pm when the temperature suddenly dropped. Was going to take kids to the park after school but decided against it

Its horrible here in the north east. There was a flood on the road to the pub, which meant I had to go to another pub but not my favourite. Stair rods for rain too.

The wind is terrible. It has been howling with bins and bits of branches flying about.

My heart goes out to compo on days like this.

• Upvote 2
  • 4 months later...

Topless on the patio it seems!

Last few days here have been below average, in fact this morning the temp was 42F, bloody cowd for this time of year

Probably right Dave, but we don't usually get it as bad as Florida, we don't seem to get many 100F days now in summer, not that I'd complain about that!!

Last sunday 10c today 25c . Sunday even coats couldnt keep us warm, today and tonight light weight clothes and not even a cardigan. Crazy or what?

• Upvote 3

Pretty cool here this morning, 42F, usually by now we have all the windows open all day and night.

In Bulwell town, with aching feet,

People fainting in the heat.

Tar is melting on the road,

Makes a change, it's usually cowd.

Leenside joys for John and Sarah,

Basking at the Notts Riviera,

Families play beside the water,

Mr, Mrs, son and daughter.

Ice-cream sellers make a pile,

So do pubs, the landlords smile.

Making hay while it's so hot,

Before the crowds back home do trot.

All too soon, rains dogs and cats,

It's back to normal, coats and hats.

Put away the sunshine gear,

Need again? praps next year.

• Upvote 6

It's nice during the day here, mild and sunny, upper 60'sF to low 70'sF. I've been in shorts and tee shirts for a couple of weeks, but have to wear a sweater at night. Came close to lighting a fire a couple of evenings back.

• Upvote 1

The change in temperature interfered with my exercise routine this morning. Had the hot sun on my back and then full in my face as I ran up Somersby Road. Felt a bit faint at the top! Bloody sunshine! (Yes, I'm a typical pasty white Nottinghamian!)