Glasshouse Street

Only our lot can remember a clap clinic with fondness!

Wish I could show you lot a cartoon from years ago...At many prerecorded TV quiz shows the studio audience are directed by a guy in the wings off camera holding up a board which would say "Applause"

In this cartoon the two competing teams on stage sat behind a banner that said 'Sexually Transmitted Disease Staff Quiz......

Off stage was the little man holding up his board for the audience which simply said 'CLAP'

• Upvote 2

#20 ..........no bubble...lol.....and did'nt recognise any of the others in the waiting room.......we all wore a white mac ccollar turned up and sunglasses,..lol.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Cliff,BTW,did nct store buses in the old central MKT sometimes?... cheers for the great photo!!

Affectionately known on NCT as "The Fish Market" !

Buses from there served the St Anns - Meadows 40 & 47 routes. Also all the Beeston routes too.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

When No.412 Air Training Corps squadron moved from Haywood school in Sherwood, I  feel sure that the building on Howard Street is where we went to. This would be 1954.

• Like 1

Did the clinic move to Postern St. - in with the General Hospital or is that a miss-memory?

I remember well regularly walking past the Glasshouse St clinics on my way from the technical college through Victoria Station to Huntingdon St bus Station to catch the Trent 84 bus to Hucknall.

6 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Chulla, I have read something about that..,can I find it now?    can I heck?

It was this thread. I've repaired as much as I can and it makes a bit of sense now, including the Glasshouse Street bits.  

https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/15504-a-few-random-photos-1/

• Like 1