Pension changes

On UK gold radio today,I heard an advert saying that in 2016,state pensions and the way that they are paid is changing. That national insurance contributions is a determined factor on your weekly payout.. could anyone explain? and how is it calculated?.. Thanks,Ian.

And you don't get much out of it anyway................ UNLESS....................................you live long enough(about 50 years ;))

And I'm determined to live for as long as I can............out of spite :)

• Upvote 4

I will be one of the first in the new system. I wrote and asked what I might get and received a long letter telling me sweet fanny adams.

If someone hasn't paid enough NI contributions to qualify for the new pension, they will still get the current level of payment.

And if you were "contracted-out" by your employer, that will also affect how much you get even if you have paid NI for more than the qualifying years.

Its the thought that I will miss the interesting and amusing posts on Nottstalgia that will keep me away from death's door.

• Upvote 6

I am keeping going by meeting many new people through my 16 hours per week job and I am determined to go on as long as possible just to upset the GOV. I still go in to the Sorting Office daily for an hour or two serving people with parcels etc.

It is ashame if the new people drawing their pensions are short changed though.

Mind you it is like the story of the millionaire who died and wanted all his money buried with him - his wife wrote him a cheque and put it in the coffin!!!

Best wishes

Peter

• Upvote 1

Funny thing but over here the Social Security calls you when you are ready to draw your pension and advises you on when the best time to file so you get the most back. I did take their advice as now I can earn as much as I like without it affecting my pension and each year the amount I earn adds to raise my $

But we still have to contribute to medical Medicare even if you don't work they deduct it out of the pension before you get it. $105.00 Pm

Then you still have a deductible to meet before they pay any med bills.