My mother in law has been given a copy of some cine film taken in the early 70s, I think it shows Basford wakes. There is also a bit of a street party on Austin street for the queens jubilee in 1977.There is also some footage of the queens cavalcade in 1977.

It is on dvd now.

When I played it at the mother in laws it was in black and white, but when I played it on my computer it was in colour.

There is also footage of Wollaton park , the castle and the council house.

The quality is not that good.

I have no idea about putting it on the site, but if someone is interested I could deliver the dvd.

• Upvote 1

It's old, it's colour, it's Nottingham in the past, and it moves. :happy:

I agree the buses are in Bulwell because at about 0:33 the camera pans round to show the old GC railway viaduct over the road to Hucknall. And I think all the fairground material seems to be Goose Fair - a bit too big to be Basford Wakes ?

i too enjoyed the clip - the first 51 seconds were filmed on hucknall lane looking across from left to right squires avenue then the former blenheim / alderman derbyshire school and then on the right hand side bulwell viaduct - in between the vehicles driving by