My uncle Fred worked at Meridian, who made the Forest shirts, and the team came for a look round. Uncle Fred got Wally to autograph a number 9 junior shirt, which I've still got hanging in the wardrobe. I never saw him play.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've not given this any thought but one name that came to me was John Mayall. He's done so much for the UK's Blues scene over many years and brought on many Bluesmen through his band, The Bluesbreaker

My Dad

Aunty. Ooops, I thought I was on the Word Game.

......and I thought the thread was for 'Overlooked 'eroes'.

I consider that my Grandmother (maternal) was a heroine to bring up 5 children (4 girls and I boy)on her own after her husband left her following the birth of her youngest child in 1929.

Working and living in the Lace Market and salvaging clothing to sell to bring in extra money to support her family and with nobody else to help her deserves a medal.

All the children well fed and clothed and properly educated during those times, up to and including the war years....she was my heroine.

That was why I posted my Grandma on this thread!

• Upvote 2

Lee Van Cleef, LQ Jones, Ben Johnson, and a multitude of great actor that weren't constantly in the limelight.

There were many bands about in the late 60s/early 70s that deserved to do better

Stray, Third Ear Band, Gin, Pete Brown & Piblokto,Bettered Ornaments,Caravan

I was living in the London area(E12) 1967 -71 and saw all the above + many more whose names escape me

• Upvote 1

This man was overlooked in a major way,his harpsichord playing on Elvis's "suspicion" gave it a complete new angle, "On the Rebound" is an example of his playing...the DNA of his sessions spread far and wide and has a well respected provenance. Check out FLOYD CRAMER.

Another one has just come to mind Jody Grind I saw them in 1969 ? at the TBI on a visit to my parents who were still in Nottingham at that time

I once saw YES as "support band" can't remember the main attraction though :)

Just Googled Jodi Grind & it came up with some American band(Jody Grind) active from 1980

This band I saw at the TBI was certainly 1969 & as I've lived in Loughborough since 1971 it couldn't have been the American outfit

#38/#39

Funny you should mention Budgie. Earlier today, I bought a turntable from Aldi so that I could play LPs again (and record them onto the laptop), and while thumbing through our LPs, I found two Budgie albums that I'd long forgotten about. Along with some Feelgood and Uriah Heep!

As soon as I can link the turntable up to something with suitable power to the speakers, and when the wife isn't looking, I'll be annoying the neighbours. :)

I had two albums by Pete Brown, Battered Ornaments and Piblokto. Brilliant. Aeroplane Head Woman was my favourite. Had a great riff.

He wrote lots of songs for Cream too.