Did you live near,go to school with,or work with anyone who's on the telly?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No famous workmates or schoolmates but would like to think they have !!!LOL

Billy Fury used to be on the telly, and I am married to a woman who knows a lady at her Friday Lunch Club whose son plays in the Billy Fury band. I bet none of you knew that.

Can't believe no Gedling-ites have mentioned Loose Woman and Benidorm star , Sherrie Hewson or Hutchinson as she was known at Gedling Sec Mod . She was in the year below me but I went to a lot of par

The Beckinsale's aunt and uncle used to live at the opposite end of the street to me. Long since gone now though.

I was at the same school at the same time as Tony Woodcock - he is a year older than me. Also the Buckleys though lesser know than Tony, were there too.

#6 shipman was more or less same age as me,i must have seen him school days,...high pavement and padstow school were on the same road,gainsford cres.bestwood est,...cant say i remember him..............and 'wickie' have it wrong......he was born on edwards lane est,not bestwood.

think you're right carnie' i thought there was a carlton/gedling connection,my dad was on the buses for a time and said he'd seen him on the 39.

• Upvote 1

Just looking at images of Bestwood Estate and there is a picture of the Oxclose pub on the site. It is boarded up and looking unwanted. Is it still empty?

I get the feeling Richard spent his school days somewhere else. It was discussed in another topic somewhere but can't remember which one. My younger sisters still living in the area knew both of his parents fairly well as they were in contact with them before they passed away. Apparently in conversation it appeared that they knew my parents, but I must say I have no memories of Richard or his family.

I was at school with Sue Pollard but not in the same class and went to Clarendon College the same time as Richad Beckinsale but he was studying drama and I did business studies.

# 20. Carni.

I thought there was a thread especially for Richard Beckinsale. It certainly appears a lot of people knew him, LOL

I believe his parents moved to Gedling or Carlton so that's how your parents knew them. His Mum passed away in a Gedling/Carlton Care Home (I think).

I never knew him !

• Upvote 1

tut tut lizzie,fancy being the only one on the forum who didnt know him at least in passing or thru a relative,i think he used to blank you.........lol'

• Upvote 1

Billy Fury used to be on the telly, and I am married to a woman who knows a lady at her Friday Lunch Club whose son plays in the Billy Fury band. I bet none of you knew that.

• Upvote 4