Did you live near,go to school with,or work with anyone who's on the telly?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No famous workmates or schoolmates but would like to think they have !!!LOL

Billy Fury used to be on the telly, and I am married to a woman who knows a lady at her Friday Lunch Club whose son plays in the Billy Fury band. I bet none of you knew that.

Can't believe no Gedling-ites have mentioned Loose Woman and Benidorm star , Sherrie Hewson or Hutchinson as she was known at Gedling Sec Mod . She was in the year below me but I went to a lot of par

# 20. Carni.

I thought there was a thread especially for Richard Beckinsale. It certainly appears a lot of people knew him, LOL

There was indeed. Started by a person who hasn't signed on here for a long time but who was a bit obsessed with Mr Beckinsale. http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12350

When I was nursing at Harlow Wood Hospital, Tony Hately the Notts County footballer, was on the ward I was working on. I think he had a broken leg, but can't remember exactly. At Leicester Royal Infirmary, I was on nights in the ward that one of the Dallas Boys was on. Can't remember why he was in there...

A lad I was at Carlton le Willows with was on Eastenders many years back, playing a vicar. Didn't ther watching as I can't stand the programme.

Can't even recall his first name now, only surname - Gillespie.

Edit - now I remember, David Gillespie. He was also in Red Dwarf for a bit.

http://m.davidgillespie.co.uk/#!Home|home_page

Don't know if these count:

1. I worked for several years with someone who was on Blind Date at the age of about 60.

2. I also worked with someone who appeared on This Your Life when Robin Bailey (maybe best-known as Uncle Mort in I Didn't Know You Cared) was the subject. He was there to reminisce about their days in amateur dramatics in Hucknall.

I'm another person who was at High Pavement at the same time as Harold Shipman. He was a few years above me, and I can't say that I remember the name at all - but his name does appear in a couple of the school magazines I've still got.

Can't believe no Gedling-ites have mentioned Loose Woman and Benidorm star , Sherrie Hewson or Hutchinson as she was known at Gedling Sec Mod .

She was in the year below me but I went to a lot of parties at her house in Burton Joyce and she was a regular at the Burton Joyce youth club. My mate was besotted with her !

• Upvote 3

I met Ronnie Carroll in the 60s while working at Boots

How about this one I met Harry & Concepta Hewitt from

Coronation Street in 1960 at my cousins wedding

I have met the Princess Royal on two occasions. She is the patron of the HFT

Charity I worked for.

was he a 'tranny' ian or just wanted to be taller ?

ooops sorry mate...........thought you said........'stilleto's

• Upvote 1

Now then Benjamin, PC at all times. We mustn't ridicule the minorities must we!