Freddie Mercury

His mum lives/lived exactly where LizzieM suggested and I believe his sister too. The last time I saw his mum she was a very frail old lady and that was 3 years ago.

The Queen tribute band Mercury play at the ex-miners welfare every year at her request and she always makes the short journey to see them. The last time I spoke to her she told me she can close her eyes and see Freddie although she did not call him by that name.

• Upvote 2

I just love it when, after members have been lauding someone, saying how great, wonderful, terrific, none better, there will never be another like him. someone posts 'He gave me the creeps'. Just wonderful.

Thanks Chulla, I can always be relied on to bring people down to earth and give an unbiased and realistic view on everything. LOL

He did give me the creeps. A workmate once lent me two DVD's of Queen and FM''s remarks to the audience and his lurid comments and motions made me vomit.