I was initially concerned that we were losing a BBC channel, but then it occurred to me that I don't actually watch it at all - and therefore won't miss it !

Some of their programmes have been truly crap and look as though they've been made for about £500.

Young Butcher Of The Year was one of their classic offerings.

At the moment they've got Women's International Football on - in a stadium that looks half full with all the excitement of watching paint dry.

Another missed opportunity from the BBC. Unimaginative programme making and a waste of resources.

The only good thing about watching the BBC Channels is NO ADVERTS...........

• Upvote 1

I have been thinking about BBC1. It occurs to me that I hardly ever find anything on BBC1 to watch these days. It has become another ITV but without adverts. Full of throw-away rubbish programmes that are cheap to make and aimed at mindless people.

I see that Yentob has resigned from the BBC gravy train over his association with that dreadful Batmanghelidjh woman!

The BBC’s Creative Director, Alan Yentob, seems to have spent the last week or so dashing from studio to studio in an attempt to influence the corporation’s broadcasters from saying nasty stuff about a charity of which he was, until it imploded, chairman.

http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/2015/08/the-perfect-storm-a-right-on-charity-a-right-on-woman-and-a-right-on-bbc-executive/

yentob.jpg