• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Freddie Mills annual with autograph, presented to me after boxing tournament for Grundy School of Boxing Radford. Mills was found dead in his car in 1965, a bullet hole in his head and a shotgun betw

Bro, I was with mam when we were walking through Battersea Park and I remember him walking towards us and mam saying in her best BBC voice, [that she usually saved for answering the phone] Hello Fredd

Oh yes, they were very proud of Ingemar Johansson, and also the fact they beat England at football around 1959, never heard the end of that all the 27 years I lived there. I met Ingemar Johansson si

Loved going to Needham's on the Boulevard, my game was too slow,but still love this noble sport,Alan Minter,I thought could have further than he did,followed the brown bomber when in Nottm,my youngest son showed promise but switched to Rugby.

Bro, I was with mam when we were walking through Battersea Park and I remember him walking towards us and mam saying in her best BBC voice, [that she usually saved for answering the phone] Hello Freddy, how are you?

I saw the title of this thread and thought it was something to do with someone being mad at Mike Tyson!

• Upvote 3

contrived !!!! try getting in the ring with the gloves on..................then try leaving it vertical................lol.

• Upvote 2

try getting in the ring with the gloves on

I'm well aware of the dangers, I got knocked out more than once myself em6i0LP.jpg

I'm on about the likes of the Don Kings of this world and that cockney hanger on Frank Warren oh, and don't forget, 50 cent! It's all about money that the fighters don't get.

£15 million went to klitscho...and £5 million to fury, according to the papers anyway, and yes mick there's always been corruption in boxing as in most sports,but i have all the time in the world for the actual boxers.

• Upvote 1

contrived !!!! try getting in the ring with the gloves on..................then try leaving it vertical................lol.

Each to his own :

I'm a fan of nude underwater hang gliding & formation darts. ;)

Seriously though I'm not a great fan of any sport & only watch a little now & again. :)

• Upvote 1

agree bubble,each to his own,my love of sport has diminished over the years,

football........................spoilt by too much money.

cricket.........................too many games,and different competitions

boxing........................too much silly hype.

tennis..........................too many tournaments

agree bubble,each to his own,my love of sport has diminished over the years,

football........................spoilt by too much money.

cricket.........................too many games,and different competitions

boxing........................to much silly hype.

tennis..........................too many tournaments

I think most pro sports have been partially ruined by money.

How come a premier league footballers get(I won't say earn) more money in a month than I got paid in all my working life (nearly 50 years) :(

• Upvote 1

Bubblewrap, can you fill a stadium with thousands of people paying entrance money, generate billions of pounds from TV companies, billions of pounds from merchandise, give millions of people employment, give...I'm sure you've got the picture. When you become a top class sportsman that can generate all this money then you'll earn in a month more than you'd earn in your lifetime. :)

• 3 weeks later...

He did'nt win BBC Sports personality of the year..........i'm gutted lol..............Andy Murray won it.........great Tennis player.............but Personality ? :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

You mean Andy Lee ?..........yes lost to a really good Boxer 'Billy Joe Saunders'.............he must be good he stopped my lad in Manchester.....

Yes it was,....and talking of 'backgrounds'.......Billy Joe, like Fury) has more than 'a touch' of Traveller in him.

Heard of em,......bit too brutal for my liking...........had an Uncle who earned a few groats there,back in the day,