Here's an interesting topic for discussion. In a radio programme this morning it was reported that some more 'experts' have decided that there is no difference between the brain of a man and that of a woman, therefore women do not naturally have superior skills at multi-tasking and men don't necessarily make the best map readers. I told my missus this and she smacked me with spoon whilst making her porridge after which I found my way round the house successfully with the vacuum cleaner. What do 'experts' know!!!

• Upvote 1

What the hell is a vacuum cleaner?

Oh good, so there's definitely no need for me to ever use it is there?

No, no, no..... I shan't even look then I won't be tempted.

I couldn't resist looking, but it looks far too strenuous and complicated. I'll let her do It.

Mam said "the hoover wire doesn't retract!" So I dismantled it & adjusted the spring! I got everyone round to show them what a good job I'd done; I pressed the retract button & the cable went in very fast & ripped the plug off as the end disappeared inside the hoover. Everyone fell about laughing except Mam, who wasn't very pleased with me.. :)

• Upvote 4

That should have taught you a lesson then...... Leave them alone !!!

• Upvote 1

I've seen one of those vacuum thingies. Mrs Col said it as too heavy so I bought her a VAX Featherlite Wizzomatic or somesuch, which is clamed to be the lightest full sized vacuum thingy.

She says it's still to heavy too carry up the stairs.

I've told her to just take it up a step at a time and do each step as she goes.. but does she listen...?

Col

There was a chippy on a corner on Arkwright St that was open 24 hours in the 60s. Can't remember what it was called but they did faggots chips peas and gravy for 4 shillings. Handy after an evening down at the Brit, Boat or Union.

:)

Col

Vacuum cleaners are far too noisey, the times I've had to lecture Mrs Catfan for hoovering before lunchtime & waking me up.

These manufacture's have little or no consideration at all. At least they could afix warning stickers on the said vacuum cleaners.

I shan't suggest it, as I don't want it inserting into a delicate orifice.