Sounds of the 70's Last Saturday Night 7:00pm BBC4

I had just staggered back from a hard day at B&Q selling Xmas trees, came home, crashed on the settee, put the telly on, load of crap, as usual, then saw the line up for 'Sounds of the 70's', James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, Eagles, America, et-al and decided to watch it and chucked on the surround sound..

Each act was split with a Pathe news item in between, I couldn't see the relevance, but, there you go. Suddenly just before Joni Mitchell came on with 'Big Yellow Taxi', I found myself watching a news item about the Lilac Leopards in Nottingham, followed by a by a split second scene of following a NCT double decker over Radford railway bridge going past the Players Bonded Warehouse, I was astonished, did anyone else see this, or was I dreaming.

You don't work at B&Q, Sounds of the 70's wasn't on TV and everything you think happened was imagined. You're actually in a home,for the bewildered and have been for years.

Bugger, I should be on the afternoon shift at Players, or was it Boots, Raleigh, Ericsons, down pit, sweeping out at Toton Sheds or hanging around the blast furnaces at Stanton Ironworks? I'm confused, what do I do?

No, my mobile phone has bleeped and I'm invited to a function at the Swiss Bell in Braintree tonight, no contest, I'll stay in and read a book instead.

There are a lot of those "Sounds of the 70s" compilations which show up from time to time on BBC4 and on the Yesterday channel. They are usually clips from Whistle Test or In Concert. I don't think I've seen this Nottingham edition. I'll pay more attention next time they're on.

I recorded the programme but deleted it the next day after watching it. It was indeed a Lilac Leopard and an NCT bus you saw. So don't panic, you weren't dreaming after all. :)