50's & 60's Music Compilation Album Sets

If you like music from the 50’s and 60’s you may be interested in a couple of sets I got today.

The first one (3 cds) “The Fifties Album” has 70 tracks including ones from Crickets, Neil Sedaka, Paul Anka, Alma Cogan, Eddie Cochran. Roy Orbison, Bert Weedon, Lonnie Donegan, Dave Brubeck, The Avons etc. Cost £12,99

The second set (3 cds) “The Sixties Album” has 76 tracks including ones from Marvin Gaye, Four Seasons, Roy Orbison, Drifters, Mamas & Papas, Gerry & the Pacemakers, Byrds, Manfred Mann. Procol Harem, Beach Boys, Everly Bros, Gene Pitney, Fleetwood Mac, Swinging Blue Jeans, Animals, Trini Lopez, Sonny & Cher etc. Cost £9.99

• Upvote 3

#2 I expect it depends on whether the company has access to the rights for a particular artist.
You can see the listings at the pages below

http://store.hmv.com/music/cd/the-fifties-album?_ga=1.170864288.1422008468.1449005834

http://store.hmv.com/music/cd/the-sixties-album-the-album-of-the-decade

#1 Dave when I started to read this thread I thought that you had been to Fopp today because I have seen the same CD's on sale there for £5:00 with the ones you mentioned plus a lot more .

I picked up a Small Faces - From The Beginning CD although that one was £8:00 with 35 tracks on but the majority were only a fiver.

I still think DaveN got a bargain. On 'The Fifties Album' some that I like are:

Disc 1.

The Great Pretender - The Platters

I Believe - Frankie Laine

Just Walking In The Rain - Johnnie Ray

Disc 2.

Most Of Them.

Disc 3.

Poison Ivy - The Coasters

Gamblin' Man - Lonnie Donegan

I also like most of them on 'The Sixties Album'. Some good music there, DaveN.

Saw The Graham Bond Organisation many times at the Dungeon. Very talented group, but Graham was such a sad character.

I like compilations. . One of the best was 'You can all join in ' very progressive for its day.

Then there was Axe Attack 1&2, The Rock Machine Turns You On, The Sue Story... Great blues on that one.

Why doe's no one seem to mention

Acker Built Stanger on the shore

Kenny Ball jazz band

I know it's jazz but was it not part of the 50s/60s

• Upvote 1

Hmmm DaveN... one would have thought that just a slight mention of a little known ensemble called the Beatles, might have been made.

I think it maight be a question of royalties or rights tony, as far as I recall I have never seen any original Beatles tracks on any compilation albums