Haydn Road School late 40's early 50's

Welcome to Nottstalgia, Kevin.

I`m a bit puzzled regarding the dates. I went to this school from 1947 until 1951, aged 7-11 years, and as far

as I know this was the normal routine. If your mum was born 1937, I wouldn`t expect her to have still been there

in 1949. Possibly the school also had a primary department, which I wasn`t aware of.

I don`t see any familiar faces on your photo, but I may have been a pupil in another class at the same time.

We tend not to have much truck with others who are three or four years older or younger at that age, it`s half our

lifetime`s difference at that age!

• Upvote 2

Dat #4: What was it you said two years ago that`s upset them?

In your visits of recent years, were you aware of an ex teacher, Mrs Kwiatkowski, (formerly Cawthorne or Corthorn?)

I know she taught there for quite some time. She is an ex neighbour of ours and is now a very good friend.

• Upvote 1

Nothing! my sister sadly passed away & I didn't want to go on my own. I don't recognise that name though,although all the teachers were lovely, & so were the children. My.....60 odd years ago.Have you any photos?

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Haydn rd juniors but was only there for about a year or two about 1952/53, then I went to Haywood secondary.

Cant remember Ken Martin being head but he was later head of Claremont secondary.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you are right, David was related to Albert Iremonger. He played in goal for Notts County, hence Iremonger Road off Meadow Lane.David had 2 brothers & 3 sisters,& lived on Haydn Avenue. We lived next door to them. A lovely lovely family.Im not sure if Davids eldest brother Ernest played for Notts too.

• 4 months later...

Talking about Haydn Infants & Juniors does any one remember Diane Gent, Sandra Chester, Charles Weightman, Hillary Saunders ,David Iremonger.Must have been 1953ish!

Talking about Haydn Infants & Juniors does any one remember Diane Gent, Sandra Chester, Charles Weightman, Hillary Saunders ,David Iremonger.Must have been 1953ish!

I remember Diane Gent Sandra Chester Susan Smedley Jennifer Brown Doreen Linley from 1950's must all be about 70 yrs old now ?

I didn't go the Haydn Road School, but I know a man that did - my brother-in-law, born 1946. These are four of his photos. The names were added years later and some might not be correct, and some name-spellings might not be spot-on. The first two are 1952 and 1953 but cannot tell which year.

Haydn%20School%201_zpskxproe58.jpg

Haydn%20School%202_zpsgq1p5izc.jpg

Haydn%20School%203_zpsfnkqluop.jpg

Haydn%20School%204_zpsffz2cs2p.jpg

• Upvote 3

I don't know, I'm sure! People ask if anyone knows those they were at Haydn Road School with in the early 1950s, and ask 'has anyone got any pictures?' I find some pictures, scan them. type up the names and put them on the thread - and no-one is interested - only carni and she didn't even go there!

• Upvote 1

I was interested chulla,.....i was looking for my old football mates who went there in the 50s........Alan Birchenall and Micky Summers,who both went on to become pro's.............must have been a different year to your photo....................

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...