Owd Nottingham lad

Ayup you lot,Ive bin lurking for a long time on this site,so I thought I'd say hello. I grew up in sneinton went to Greenwood Bilateral, worked at ROF Then William Watts before moving away,now living in mansfield but my heart still belongs in Nottingham

• Upvote 7

Probably got locked up, he was in with Pete Blood and the likes. I used to see more of him out of work than in as he was a clubber like me. I used to meet him down the Beachcomber and Dungeon all the time. You can probably imagine what we used to get up to?

If you remember my old man was a copper and I was constantly treading the line but I got away with most of the things I did that were a bit naughty.

I'm a good boy now though :sleeping:

• Upvote 1

Oh, my minds sprung alive. Do you remember Mick Pike blowing up the wall at the bottom end of the forge with a thunder flash? That was funny, he also drove a dilly into one of the gun barrel wagons they used to park down the bays. Were were all very drunk at the time as it was Christmas eve and the apprentices had all been to the Cremorne on the lash at dinner time. You wouldn't get away with that nowadays.

I always remembered that bright green Cortina you bought, how do I remember that stuff yet forget where I am most of the time?

god that green cortina,somebody nearly wiped it out when i was driving down kings meadow road, n he just drove straight across midland terrace I think it was called, only a year old it was. I remember you having that NSU then you had a fiat 124 I think

cremorne at dinner time three pints then back and try to act like we were sober, I remember Mick Pike he got up to some things I used to love it down the dungeon, I was only on about it to my sister cos she went there as well last week,things we used to do getting a pass out to go to the sawyers arms or the sal I remember jumping in somebodys mini van on a sat night and ending up at the twisted wheel at manchester back on sunday morning crazy days!!!

It was one of our hang-outs too Bobby ........along with Lyons, Kardomah, L-Shaped Room and the 'Cosy' on Trinity Square. That was in the days when we couldn't get served in a pub!

You mention the NSU, me and Lynn went all over the country weekend after weekend in that thing, German engineering for you.

I had a second hand green Fiat 128 ('J' reg) and eventually managed to scam my dad in to paying a big chunk for a brand new yellow 128, I think it was £1200. Until this moment I was impressed with foreign engineering but the yellow devil changed my mind. You could never get it to start, it was a total moo!! I sold it to Tommy Tedds a week before I went to South Africa, I haven't heard from him since.