Owd Nottingham lad

Surprised i didnt know you Mick, i spent many an hour in Barry Sander's cabin, listening to him put the world right. He seemed to have his working time and break times back to front. Half an hours work, followed by a four hour break. A character though and he did charity work. Saw him four or five years ago at Igor Ashwell's funeral. He's since passed on..

Hi again lads,

Hi tricky Micky, like BeestonMick sez we were both on Maintenance in the late 60s and 70s. I left in 77 and went to work at William

Watts at Lenton Ind. estate, does any of that ring any bells.

Surprised i didnt know you Mick, i spent many an hour in Barry Sander's cabin

I was ETU shop steward after Alan Truswell while I was in the forge and we were having a lot of issues with the mechs over the dreaded Maynard scheme. You can imagine I had quite a tough time down there, we used to fight like cat and dog. I used to have hair down past my shoulders at one time so that's maybe why you don't recognise me.

Tommy Hall, he was like the proverbial brick s**thouse. I had Denis Daft / stephens.

I think there was only Stu who dint have long hair then, he was going thin in his early twenties

Yes trickyMickey thats me what year did you start.

Did any of you know my Dad, Geoff Moss? He was a fitter at ROF. Was there from 1938 until 1986 apart from his time in RAF in WW2

Also Dave Walker, think he was a miller, he's late 60s now, an old school friend's husband.

And Steve Button, don't know what dept he was in but he had a gold Cortina GT something or other. Expect he'll be late 60s now too.

I think there was only Stu who dint have long hair then, he was going thin in his early twenties

It was gone last time I saw him, at least mine didn't start to go until I was in my forties :laugh: Then I got fed up with it and Gillete took over.

I always remember Neil Kinnock

and his comb-over:

post-6850-0-90659700-1449763310_thumb.jp

I wouldn't let myself get like that!

At least it's fashionable now! (baldyness not the comb-over)

• Upvote 1

Posted Image

Ha Ha you're right there Mick you def don't want to look like that.

Lizzie this s the photo I was talking about It's ROF football team taken around 1970/71

I'm on the front row first on the left and I think Steve Button is directly behind me.

Thanks for posting that bobby2 jags.

Before I read what you'd written I studied the photo to see if I recognised Steve and decided that was him. He must have been a sub!

I knew him around that time.

Bob, i mixed you up with Bob Fawcett, i think. Here's a few of the others that were in EDM while i was there, i'm sure you and Mick will remember some of them,- Tommy Tedds, Barry Voce ,Pete Hollins, Bob Fawcett, Al Bexton, Ken Birkin, Henry Mason, Chris Metcalf, Fred Limerick, Mad Harry, George Sawicki. And the whitecoats- Baz Holmes, Ron Saunders and Bob Corps. Charlie George was the top man.

Trickymicky, I'm glad you've remembered cos I've bin racking my brains trying to remember you,

but I remember quite a few from your list, The other bit I couldn't get my head round was that I was in the EDE side and you were in the EDM

side, but at least we know now

#43 - I remember some of 'em especially Tommy Tedds, as I said previously I sold him a moo of a car that wouldn't start so he's probably expecting compensation. We used to call Charlie George 'Harry Worth'

of: "My name is Harry Worth, I don't know why, but there it is..." fame

I remember Ronnie Watkinson splattering him with white grease, via a steel rule, from an overhead crane. He shouldn't have been there in the first place it was barriered off so we had cart blanch :cool:

I remember our manager, Michael Rudd, worked for Harry Worth.

Bob, i guess you were an electrical service engineer at William Watts then, which would explain why i didnt see you there. I started there in '79 i think, working on those east german machine tools, in house mainly. Bob Hare was the service manager then. People out on the road i can remember are Gordon Wise,Sharpey and a guy from coventry who got banned for drink driving.