Never Have But Would Love To.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice experience, Col. Paris is the foreign city I have visited most, and would never get tired of it. I have traipsed just about everywhere from top to bottom. Our first visit was after we had been ma

Like Terence, I would have loved to learn the piano. About twenty years ago I was cleared after a cancer scare and I decided to do two things, to learn the piano and learn to swim. I bought a piano a

Never been naughty but would love to !!!!

Used to sail and windsurf, but would have loved to kitesurf ! I watch them zooming around with lots of envy wondering if my old body could still handle the learning curve, wife says no way.

Would have loved to learn to fly, either powered or glider.

• Upvote 1

I wished I didn't have a phobia of heights !

What I could have done without that !

Travelled more, visited far off destinations etc.

But the upstairs of a double decker bus or the cab of a wagon is plenty high enough for me !

• Upvote 2

Like Terence, I would have loved to learn the piano. About twenty years ago I was cleared after a cancer scare and I decided to do two things, to learn the piano and learn to swim.

I bought a piano and went in for lessons but the piano was in the same room as the telly and I had two stepchildren and a husband so I couldn`t practise regularly. Eventually I got level 5 in me theory tests and level 1 in the practical. Enjoyed it though but got rid of the piano in the end.

I then took swimming lessons and succeeded in getting my 25 metre backstroke and a width breast stroke. Never go swimming now but I was chuffed that I`d done it.

Strangely enough, I had to teach swimming before I retired. I was quite good at it and my group did very well. I couldn`t do it very well myself but I knew what you had to do in theory and could put it over to the kids.

As the old adage says, 'Them as can, do. Them as can`t, teach.'

• Upvote 6

Never have or did "apologise to Linda Harrison for dumping her when we were young (40+ years ago)" A lovely girl who deserved better than me

Rog

• Upvote 1

For the last few years, I've wanted to go to Lapland for a couple of days to see Santa Claus, have an evening ride wrapped up in a snuggly red blanket on a sleigh with bells, pulled by reindeer, then spend a night in one of those posh ice hotels while I'm there. If we saved up we MIGHT be able to afford the two of us going, but I couldn't go without my kids and especially grandkids and the cost of that would be astronomical. I REALLY couldn't go without them - wouldn't enjoy it, because I'd be thinking all the time of how much they would love it.

• Upvote 3

Ian #1: I Have hugged a full-grown Cheetah but not a Tiger. The Cheetah was big enough for me!

There are still a few things on my bucket list. Among them:

Visit Shackleton's grave on South Georigia (Almost managed once but the post boat job went to another and I only came second)

Travel across Canada by train.

• Upvote 1

I'm certainly NOT putting my pipe dreams on here. Not for you lot to sit there sniggering away.

• Upvote 2