Langar Log RCAF "magazine"

I am looking for anyone with copies of the "Langar Log" a Royal Canadian Air Force magazine or journal publised for Canadian military members located in Langar, Notts.This magazine was published from 1953 to 1963 monthly.

I would like to scan copies of them and publish them online for people to freely view them. I could pay postage both ways for me to scan and return them to you or purchase them outright from you.

Thank you very much for any help you can provide me with this project. I was born in Nottingham in 1961 and my father was a member of the RCAF in Langar from about 1958 to 1963.

Regards,

Kevin Kibbe

Ontario Canadapost-7424-0-66057800-1449512724_thumb.jp

I worked with a guy in the Oshawa GM car plant" Mike Moore" who were the last family to leave Langar actually Radcliffe on Trent in 1963.My dad flew with the RCAF Group 6 428 squadron in WW11 Lancasters.If i see him,i will ask him if he has any of them magazine's.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Not got any 'Langar Logs'...............but this thread i'd not seen before......and it brings back some nice memories of a 'day and night there' in about 1959.

Went by Coach from Bestwood youth club,,played them at Football,which we won,,but they slaughtered us at 'Basketball'.........Then in the evening they had a Dance night,,lots of 'Jiving' and 'Rock'n' Roll,,,,we were treated superbly.......just like being in 'Grease''..........

• Like 1

Certainly did Rog.........them Canadian dollies loved it.......bit of a Boogie......me Cliff Richard shirt.....collar turned up.......and i got myself a 'Walking Talking'...Living Doll''............Carni !!!

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Certainly did Rog.........them Canadian dollies loved it.......bit of a Boogie......me Cliff Richard shirt.....collar turned up.......and i got myself a 'Walking Talking'...Living Doll''............Carni !!!

Take a look at her hair, it's real

If you don't believe what I say, just feel.

Gonna lock her up in a trunk, so no big hunk,

Can steal her away from me.

All from memory an'all.  Not Mr. Google.  Must be those peanut butter dog biscuits I'm on.  :biggrin:

• Like 3

I know you liked Canada loppy,,did you ever go to Langar Air force base ?......i was only about 14 but the welcome we got was terrific,,it really was like being in an American film to us Bestwood boys.........always had a love for all things Canadian and American since,,

• Like 1

No, never went there, Ben.  Heard about the Canadian village at R.O.T when I worked at the EMEB mid 60s.  Just never had a service call there.

Never dreamed of going to Canada.  Always thought of going to Aus, but my wife didn't want to go there.  She suggested Canada instead.  At the time Canada was running big ads in the paper for British tradesmen. so we decided to give it a go.  Never looked back.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...