Who was your favourite 1950s and 1960s group?

I thought that. How on earth can anyone put HH's in the same category as Cream.

• 2 weeks later...

When I lived in the Falklands the local radio station had a series of songs from pop groups through the ages, alphabetically, beginning with A. They went through the alphabet but when they got to "H" they missed out Herman's Hermits. Since they had a few top ten hits I thought they should have had a mention so I approached the station and suggested that they include a Herman's Hermits single in the show. The bug*ers only went and did a whole half hour of Herman's bleddy Hermits didn't they! ARGH! Next time I shall keep my big gob shut.

thumbsdown

• Upvote 2

I believe so, he wrote loads of good songs for numerous acts.

It might be because I didn't remember much about them when I was small,but I dig Hermans Hermits and have loads of their stuff.' This door swings both Ways' is a fine song.

'Mrs Brown'...does grate but the film was Fab!

• 7 months later...

IAN.....................Mrs Brown was great...........I really did marry her 'lovely Daughter'.............lol.

My goodness this is a tough topic..could change tomorrow!

Has to be said: The Small Faces,ultimate British soul/in their Minds Eye!

The 1950's seemed to be about solo artists rather than a combo- Marty Wilde- I have everything..

I have been to this guys house.. and collected stuff by him since 1978.

Eddie Cochran- Sitting in The Balcony... when music was music.

I agree with you Ian. Topics that ask for favourites are difficult. The whole experience of the moment helps define what becomes a "favourite" The place, the people, the occasion, the food, the drinks, the weather and of course the music. Memories are triggered by many things and favourites vary depending upon inputs. For example whenever I have an Irish coffee I am transported back to the Berni Inn at The Chateau and the beach Boys singing God Only Knows, one of my many favourite bands.

• Upvote 1