What's your hobby?

#44  Spot on Red.  Just an easy one for starters.  I suppose the brand name 'Shure' (Well known American cartridge/stylus manufacturer) along with 'SFG2' (Stylus Force Gauge 2) was a bit of a giveaway.  Surprisingly accurate bit of kit though for a few quid.  Just works like a very small balance.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting back when I was a lad I got a circuit diagram of a crystal set. Managed to scrounge up the parts and built it in an old cigar box. Strung a length of wire outside for an aerial and earthed

Dolls houses are my hobby, had one as a child then just forgot about it 4years ago as a joint mothers day present my children gave me a 5 story Edwardian house. Fell in love again now have 9 houses !

My latest hobby is chief taster, east mid region for Hobgoblin !

21 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Suddenly noticed that I started this thread.  I'd forgotten all about it.  Maybe I need to make a hobby of trying to strengthen my memory somehow.:mellow:

Perhaps a hobby you could have would be starting threads ,  you could count them and eventually develop a taxonomy of threads.

If it pleasing then maybe loads of others could do that as well..............................

• Upvote 2

I thought it was a slide rule !

• Upvote 1

Just purchased my new hobby, Lambretta Li150, 1965 plate, ..................can't wait to get started on the renovation..........:crazy:

• Upvote 3

Hmmm! Toxonomy? not listed in my Collins universal dictionary 1972 edition! Nice word though and I will use it it future to keep people guessing ;)

My hobbies are quite varied along with my sports. At the moment I'm cleaning up a C1880 boys 'ordinary' bicycle (Penny Farthing) and trying to identify it. Been going to restore it for 60 years (my record for procrastination) and decided to see what needs doing.  Just finished modifications to my Mailstar postman's bike so that it will transport fishing tackle to the local cut. I've just made a nice fishing seat box from bits of an old hospital bed. It fits nicely into the front parcels carrier. It's the club 'Fur and Feather' fishing match on Sunday and I will be able to cycle along the tow path to my allotted spot while my mates are struggling along carting their kit. Also getting bits together for a Mk2 Village Cruiser (see avatar). Looking for a scrap Raleigh Stowaway or similar. 

I was hoping to get back into competitive indoor rowing but had a chest infection. Getting over it now and probably try a n easy session this afternoon. 

There simply is not enough time to do all the things that I want to do, so everything overlaps a bit. How people can get bored and have time on their hands just beats me?

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, radfordred said:

#58 Superb lets see some photos of the Lammy.

Got to figure out how to upload photo's first ..............just got it UK registered on age related plate, bought from a dealer called Dave Waddingham (Waddo) from Worksop, he imports from Italy

Yes mate, he's had scooters for many years, used to have a shop but closed it now & works from home + trips to Italy & buys scoots

15 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Hmmm! Toxonomy? not listed in my Collins universal dictionary 1972 edition! Nice word though and I will use it it future to keep people guessing ;)

You might have had more luck with 'tAxonomy'

Col

Neighbour of mine had one of these, but with Gold 'flashes' instead of Blue. I rode it a few times.

Image result for Lambretta TV 200

Bloody scary!!

Fairly powerful for a scooter, but still had the fundamental instability and scary handling.

I had no problem with the 'Mod' culture.. but riding those things was ill-advised IMHO.  ;)

Col

16 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

There simply is not enough time to do all the things that I want to do, so everything overlaps a bit. How people can get bored and have time on their hands just beats me?

They have no imagination.

7 hours ago, DJ360 said:

You might have had more luck with 'tAxonomy'

Col

Sorry Col - my typo. I did look up tAxonomy and it was not in the Collins. I still prefer looking up words in the dictionary and browsing adjacent words rather than googling. Sometimes it becomes quite absorbing. In this case I learnt that taxodium was a genus of a coniferous tree ;)

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Sorry Col - my typo. I did look up tAxonomy and it was not in the Collins. I still prefer looking up words in the dictionary and browsing adjacent words rather than googling. Sometimes it becomes quite absorbing. In this case I learnt that taxodium was a genus of a coniferous tree ;)

Can't argue with that..

We have the two volume 'Universal Oxford Dictionary', which is about 3000 A4 ish pages over the two volumes.  Not quite a 'good read', but can be fascinating at times. 

• Upvote 1