Unseen Photos Of The Meadows

Pity, I can't get the "slide show" to work, stuck on the first picture.

Bubblewrap, I did try clicking on the individual photos...Nada, nothing, doesn't work in Firefox. I'll probably try accessing it with IE later.

Quite a few pictures I've never seen. I was especially interested in picture 2, Allport St leading to Hartford St - I was born at 44 Hartford St, my parents ran a shop, but moved when I was two years old. Looking at an OS map, I can see individual properties. I wonder if anyone knows if the numbers were even on the south side, if so, it looks like the larger white window visible on the right might have been No 44. If not it must have been opposite, on the Hartford/Allport St corner.

On picture 4, Clyde Terrace, my gran's house is just visible on the edge. We used to hop over the wall on to the rec.

Glad it's not just me, I have had problems with that site in the past.

For those who can't see the photos from the link, try this approach. (I can't guarantee it will work, but......)

Go to the Evening Post website http://www.nottinghampost.com/

When you are there, in the 'Search' box at the top right corner put 'Memories of the Meadows'.

The results will give you the piece with the photos.

Thank you Cliff, I viewed that link.The wash house photo got me thinking, even though we used Bath st.they were identical. Those driers were such a piece of amazing technology.. a narrow door like a foot locker,pull it out on its iron wheels,fill the racks and push it back- flush to the wall..hey presto! everything dry in jig time,great community spirit and for women to come together.. even though it was a heavy chore.The female network here is very poor. Shame they got rid..blokes would be in there to,in today's age..a good cheap way to do a weeks washing, a natter and a brew!!

What's not to like??